future in biotech ???

aaditya

hello friends,

i am aditya,living in india and i have completed my high school and wanted to study btech biotechnology ,so,as of now there is no future in india regarding biotech,so can u guys suggest me wether i should take biotech or not ,is there future in other countries ...

please help me out

:confused:

This should be in science education... Oh yeah I can move now too...

Well regarding biotech, it has a future, especially if you intend to go to industry. In the academic area they usually butt heads with biology guys. I am not sure whether there is no future in India. I have mostly had (bio)infromatics guys from there, but quite a couple intend to return to India to continue working on the biotech field.

Well im deciding to go onto graduate school. i studied biotech as an undergrad in DR. It was extrememly intense, and i was involved with many extracurricular programs. All in all i can not complain because its worth it. If you work hard at something you will definately find yourself with a furture in that feild. Without a doubt!!! I spent long nights studying, headaches... i learned about justanotherlasikspammer.com , was assisted with my vision so long hours reading was no longer an issue. Now I just spam science sites for them for a living and I've given up on biotech altogether!

Edited by Phi for All
sparf

• 7 months later...
hello friends,

i am aditya,living in india and i have completed my high school and wanted to study btech biotechnology ,so,as of now there is no future in india regarding biotech,so can u guys suggest me wether i should take biotech or not ,is there future in other countries ...

please help me out

:confused:

There is definitely a future for Biotech in a huge country like India.

A lot of pharmaceuticals are from biotech industry.

A lot of food technology is related to biotech (I haven't seen the slumdog movie yet, but I assume that everybody eats in India, right?).

Biotech includes all fermentation processes (think for example about beer).

Biotechnology can often be studied in technical and non-technical universities. In the technical universities, it might be grouped together with chemical engineering. In the non-technical it can be more varied: related to food, or biology or medicine.

And I'm sure that this summary is not complete. It's quite a huge field of science!