antiverse/negaverse

bored_teen

You shouldn't be able to tell the difference, other than certain things being reversed, i.e. parity. Like the joke about meeting your twin: if he offers his left hand to shake, don't do it (assuming you're right-handed)because he's made of antimatter.

Umm, what's a negaverse?

that basically ended up to be my question. originally, i thought it was a parallel universe composed of antimatter. but, as our universe contains antimatter/dark matter, then i was wondering what it would be. my new guess is that it's exactly like our universe, containing both kinds of matter, but with everything opposite. like we'd be made of antimatter in the negaverse, with positive matter taking the place of dark matter in our universe. am i right?

Antimatter is not dark matter.

But I'm taking a guess at what a negaverse would be...

And it'd be exactly the same but everything that is matter would be antimatter and vise versa

there is MASSIVE amounts more matter than antimatter in the universe...

Antimatter is not dark matter.

But I'm taking a guess at what a negaverse would be...

And it'd be exactly the same but everything that is matter would be antimatter and vise versa

they aren't? huh. i'll check out the difference on Wikipedia. so, does our universe contain antimatter?

*cough* Observed Universe *cough*

Thank you :P

There are still some of us holding out we just havn't observed it yet :D

*cough* Observed Universe *cough*

Thank you :P

There are still some of us holding out we just havn't observed it yet :D

lol, I thought that after I wrote it, but this writing business was a bit beyond me last night.

they aren't? huh. i'll check out the difference on Wikipedia. so, does our universe contain antimatter?

Yes there is antimatter in our universe, but in the observed universe (that bit of it which we can see) there is far far more matter than antimatter, and at the moment we don't know why.