Sulfuric Acid

How do you get sulfur, and how do you make it into sulfuric acid? Any other strong acids that I could make if that one would be too hard? Any cool stuff I could do with strong acids?

Thanks

Any chemistry textbook will provide the answer to your 2nd. question. If the answers to all of your questions are handed to you via the internet, you will never learn anything of value. imp

There have been at least 20 threads relating to this topic....

But why do you want to know? Sulfuric acid is extremely powerful stuff, the vapor will knock you down on the floor so fast you won't know what hit you if you can make it well.

"Any cool stuff I could do with strong acids"

Okay, seriously, if you don't know the answer to that one, maybe you shouldn't be attempting this....

And its not just mixing chemical X and Y, it is actually pretty difficult and you would need some special equipment.

And depending on where you live, you can just buy the stuff at certain stores....

Check your private messages. If you can answer the stuff that I sent you, then MAYBE we can help you. Otherwise, you are probably too inexpierenced.

Good Chemistry Textbook: Chemistry: The Central Science by Brown, LeMay, and Bursten

Edited by frosch45
textbook

Sulfuric acid is one of the most important substances in chemical industry and it's produced through quite sophisticated mechanism, although simple in principles, so if you're thinking of "home-making" some, then I'd say you won't really do it. Of course, unless you have a lab.

and BTW, there is a search engine here!

• 2 weeks later...

To obtain sulfur, redox reaction with KI can be undertaken:

1.)KI + H2SO4 ---------> KHSO4 + HI

2.)2HI + H2SO4 -------> I2 + SO2 + 2H2O

3.)6HI + H2SO4 -------> 3I2 + S + 4H2O

4.)8HI + H2SO4 -------> 4I2 + H2S + 4H2O

To obtain sulfur from SO2 and H2S, a chemical scrubber must be used - costly!!!

• 10 months later...

if ur realy looking for sulfuric acid that badly then u can get some from a car battery .....just be careful not to burn ur self........or die.........and if u boil it.......it will become more potent......but the fumes are poisonous so good luck with that.....oh and u need a battery that lets u customize and fix it......

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with the two comments befor mine that if u have to ask what you can do with dangerous and highly deadly chemicals then maybe you shouldn't try to make them at home or even go anywhere near them. so you don't kill anyone or yourself, but if you have a death wish then go for it....... just don't blame this site for what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes:

Ok... Here is a home-made acid maniac. Hope someone like you doesn't find the Sulfuric Acid "recipe"... someday I'll be killed by someone wanting to joke with "cool stuff" and strong acids.

"Johnny boy was a chemist,but he is no more,for what he thought was H2O was H2SO4!!! So be careful in your endeavor!.