Obesity Research?

hitmankratos

I'm looking for my next year's science-fair project and I thought about obesity. In Canada 25% of the population is overweight and in the USA, even more.

Only that I don't know what kind of research (or experiment) I could do?

I'll probably get the help of a lab, or a reasearcher at the closest univesity, so I could maybe do something related with rats, or some lab... but what could there be done in the obesity domaine?

I heard there could be medicine that helps...anyone knows more about that?

• 2 weeks later...
If there were obesity drugs that really worked, people wouldn't be fat. Um, I'd suppose pot is the only thing I've heard of that might do that. Maybe. Don't really know.

How can you lose weight if you constantly get "the munchies"? :P

You know whats funny about that. I Know a lot of people who smoke Pot. Those who were not Fat before they started many years ago, have never tended to gain anymore weight. I however stopped smoking pot about 10 years ago, and just about the same time Started to gain a lot of weight. (still fat actually)

Obviously there is not science in my assertion but I've witnessed and contemplated the possibility that Pot might have something in it that help sustains weight.

One of my friend who does smoke pot, and has for at least 15 years, is rather small and pretty skinny. He's has always tried every thing he could to Gain weight, and he can't seem to get fat. (he really wants too for some reason). He uses some of those weight lifter powders(and does not work out), eats fast food on a daily basis, east tons of candy soda and Junk food, and yet can't gain any weight. I told him to stop smoking pot, and try that, unfortunately thats not an option for him.

So while I don't think it reduces weight I do think it can sustain current weight some how. (I do not however think we all need to start getting high cause were fat)

• 3 weeks later...