Double Source Interference

Billwaa

Hi, this is not really a homework question, since I don't understand it at all, I can't really do my homework. And I am having a test on thursday on this...

Anyway, I am learning Double Source Interference / Single Source Double Slit Interference in Physics.

I understand how some of the node minima, waves are canceled out, and the maxima, wave construct.

But I don't get the calculation part of it. All those equations and drawing of triangles. It look really confusing to me, and I don't quite understand it, beside that if a point is equal distance from both sources, then the wave will arrive at the same time. Different distance they don't match or something.

It's just the calcuation of the triangles, and the angles and stuffs really confused me. Can someone help me? :confused:

The "angles and stuff" are trig. The underlying physics is that two waves separated by a wavelength with constructively interfere, and by a half-wavelength will destructively interfere (both also true also if there are an integral number of wavelengths added in). So you draw the triangle and solve for the unknown quantity.

It is confusing but angular momentum is like a wheel that gets more energy from the outside than from the inside. So we can say axionic quantum dynamic mathematics are just complicated. I do mean very very complex.

Actually, two point source interference of waves is quite simple, requiring only an abcedarian knowledge of trigonometry and a comprehension of the concept of phase. Nice try though.

How come interference produces equal intensity pattern while diffraction produces unequal intensities? I read something about "intensity depend upon the total displacement", but I'm still confused... thanks!