Music ;D

Ladeira

I'm currently listening to the new Tipper album, Tertiary Noise, which is very good indeed...though he is my favourite artist.

This is my rather odd project called 'Flaps' http://www.myspace.com/funflaps, I posted my other music project in another, very similar thread. I'm playing in Brighton tonight for a friends birthday, and I'm 'Snail' on the flyer, so I may start yet another project under that pseudonym.

I realise this is for artists you like, but have a listen to 'fingers', the first track, I hope people find it suitably disturbing.

I've listened! It looks pretty cool... but, sorry, what's "cupcake"?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like all kinds of music, except country

Ah, that's just because you've never gotten hammered and listened to Chinga Chavin's (and I'll buy a beer for anybody who can tell me his other name without using Google) "Dry Humpin' in the Back of a Ford."

Good country music...not that crap that comes out of Nashville and ends up contaminating the radio of my truck...is smart, poignant, topical, and fun. Bad country music is...well...disco yodeling, and not in a good way.

Anyway, right now I'm listening to the Kinks "Muswell Hillbillies", which is a pretty weird album, all things considered. I highly recommend it.

My favs include Radiohead, Floyd, Beatles, Rush, Tool, Deftones, Mars Volta...I like progressive with sensible song writing skills. Of course, I love old Rock. Rap gets on my last nerve and country is annoying, but I try not disparage other's creativity.

I could go for some countrygore, or grindcountry.

Someplace around here I have (on cassette I think) something called, "You Make My Piss Flaps Itchy." It's a little odd.

Anyway, it was by some girl singer from Saskatchewan back in the eighties or early nineties. Kind of a trucker tune. I don't know if she wrote it or just sang it.

I have a feeling you'd like it, though.

I like ''Starlight''.

But I guess they wouldn't come to Brazil though. :-(

Well, I have seen them at Wembley AND in Japan, so they do get around! :)

I can't explain it and I don't know why, but in real life they just sound amazing... with all due respect to them as musicians, I think they must have very good sound crew!

I like ''Starlight''.

But I guess they wouldn't come to Brazil though. :-(

Oh, and I happened to use Starlight for a recent short film about scientists, funnily enough

I understand perfectly what you mean. I used to think this way abou Good Charlotte, but they're just so weird currently, they used to be like rockers who were making fun of idiot people of highschool and now they look just like them...

Classical, quite a bit, especially Russians. Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky, Shostakovich, Prokofiev, etc. I really like Bach and baroque music too. And some Haydn (I just got finished listening to his Cello Concertos), Beethoven, Liszt, Vaughan-Williams, others, mostly Romantics. I don't like Wagner at all, though.

As for other music, the only genre I have fairly consistently explored is probably bluegrass and Appalachian folk (old-time, if anyone knows what that is, which I am listening to now), and folk music generally, especially Russian and British (I love my bagpipes).

The rest is just random people I've heard and liked. They Might be Giants, Queen, Katie Melua (another obscure one), Steppenwolf, The Eagles, and I used to listen to The Wall a lot. Oh, and Frank Sinatra when I'm in the mood.

Edited by CDarwin

Oh, and I happened to use Starlight for a recent short film about scientists, funnily enough

I thought this film very interesting.

And the song fit fine on it.

I had some difficulty to understand the film (since my first language is not English) but I could catch the main intention.

As for other music' date=' the only genre I have fairly consistently explored is probably bluegrass and Appalachian folk (old-time, if anyone knows what that is, which I am listening to now), and folk music generally, especially Russian and British (I love my bagpipes).

[/quote']

I think folk music pretty good.. but I haven't listened to folk much.

My favorite music is Bossa Nova and Samba.

Joao Gilberto, Astrud Gilberto, Elis Regina, Gal Costa, Os Mutantes...

I also love classic rock, reggae, jazz, classical, and electronica. I like some rap, but generally can't stand country (though some of the old country is good; circa 1940's).

My List

1. Linkin Park

2. Breaking Benjamin

3. Nickelback

4. Mozart

5. Beethoven

6. Bach

Haha, I like those musical entities more as you descend that list. It works perfectly.

But really, Linkin Park and Bach? That's some bipolar disorder there.

My favorite music is Bossa Nova and Samba.

Joao Gilberto, Astrud Gilberto, Elis Regina, Gal Costa, Os Mutantes...

I also love classic rock, reggae, jazz, classical, and electronica. I like some rap, but generally can't stand country (though some of the old country is good; circa 1940's).

Good!

Bossa Nova and Samba borned right here :]

It's a good style even if it's not so for me, I don't like these much.

Haha, I like those musical entities more as you descend that list. It works perfectly.

Not entirely.

If you listen very carefully to the subtle nuances of Bach's music, you'll notice a lot of that enduring aggression you find in Linkin Park's music, though Bach's is considerably better (no offense to any fans, I just don't really like Linkin Park...)

Not entirely.

If you listen very carefully to the subtle nuances of Bach's music, you'll notice a lot of that enduring aggression you find in Linkin Park's music, though Bach's is considerably better (no offense to any fans, I just don't really like Linkin Park...)

I'm not entirely sure if you're joking or not.

Eegh, Linkin Park. As a person who has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder I'm slightly offended by that. :D I do like the instrumental songs though. Bach is OK. Actually I've been trying to combine classical music with breakcore for a while, although that has been explored somewhat already by Venetian Snares etc. Though that's pretty standard seeing how I've also mixed ambient with speedcore, hard trance and chiptunes.

I won't even say I like Good Charlotte, Mest and Mozart. Though I like o.o'

This forum really seems like a bipolar disorder colony.

I'm almost sure there is no one normal here, I can see Aspergers, bipolars, schizophreniacs (i don't know how to write this haha)... well, we'd better move to a psiquiatric forum.