Display problems

Softix

currently I used 17" LCD screen.

I play game (war craft), and at the same time I run IM such as skype and YM.

The problem is, my display suddenly blank (while I'm in game) when IM popup come out. It should be go to windows (normal) but right now nothing happened, just blank and then shut down. :doh::doh:

Help me please...

Does the game minimize to the taskbar when you get an IM message, or something like that?

this isn't a real fix, but why don't you just stay signed out when you're playing the game.

Does the game minimize to the taskbar when you get an IM message, or something like that?

this isn't a real fix, but why don't you just stay signed out when you're playing the game.

No more minimize to taskbar, just blank and then restart, I thought it should be PSU problems.

When the problems happened about 3 to 5 times, I signed out or put in Do Not Disturb before playing games, but I do business to take care off :-(:-(.

Just one more clarification. Your computer is restarting, or did you mean just the monitor?

Just one more clarification. Your computer is restarting, or did you mean just the monitor?

PC.... not monitor only...

That's rather odd...a sort of similiar thing used to happen to me a while ago with a different game, it helped to ctr alt dlt when ever I heard the IM sound, so I could control the minimizing.

Although I smarted up eventually and stopped using IM entirely...what a stupid program.

That's rather odd...a sort of similiar thing used to happen to me a while ago with a different game, it helped to ctr alt dlt when ever I heard the IM sound, so I could control the minimizing.

Although I smarted up eventually and stopped using IM entirely...what a stupid program.

ctrl+alt+del, i did when i want to close any hang programs. but never do that when I played game. I prefer ctrl+tab to go to desktop.

*just put on "Do Not Disturb" mode and never change the status till now ;);) .

Right, that makes sense.

I used to Ctrl-tab, but I usually like to see how my CPU and RAM are doing if I'm playing a game...just a morbid curiosity.

I just can't really stand the whole 'social' thing...if that makes sense.

SFN is really the only thing that I do in which I choose to interact with people, outside of school... as you can most likely guess, I'm not a very social person.

Right, that makes sense.

I used to Ctrl-tab, but I usually like to see how my CPU and RAM are doing if I'm playing a game...just a morbid curiosity.

I just can't really stand the whole 'social' thing...if that makes sense.

SFN is really the only thing that I do in which I choose to interact with people, outside of school... as you can most likely guess, I'm not a very social person.

wow.. so you never IRC? chatting with others while only? just foruming if you want talk something about? :doh::doh:

wow.. so you never IRC? chatting with others while only? just foruming if you want talk something about? :doh::doh:

He does use IRC... But the real question is if you know what IRC is how come we've not seen you in #sfn? :P

I only recently started going on IRC because either

1. I have questions to ask

2. I find it much more enjoyable to talk with intelligent people here on SFN, rather than the people in my school, who would normally IM me (I'm not an elitist...though the evidence points in that direction)

But really, what does this have to do with anything?!