Black Holes and White Holes

No. The gravitational attraction of earth, would couple with the black hole, and would inexorably mean that the black hole would fall into earth, and start to eat it up. Also, hypothetically lets say it doesn't, if the black hole isn't very big, it would very much eventually evaporate through gamma radiation production; the smaller the black hole, the quicker the evaporation of its mass.

Therefore, the theory is totally bogus.

And it certainly wouldn't be a white hole, because they spew out energy, not contain it. This effect would also be noticable.

And it certainly wouldn't be a white hole, because they spew out energy, not contain it. This effect would also be noticable.

That's not really an effective differentiation.

To an outside observer, black and white holes appear the same. The only difference is what happens to attracted matter at the horizon. White holes will only "spew energy" in the sense you mean it when they die, and black holes emit Hawking radiation anyway (which you'd certainly hope we would notice).

This is teh first time I've heard of white holes...very interesting concept.

yes...quite...

I was actually thinking about the possibility of white holes the day I found out about them (iirc, a long time ago). I was reading about black holes, and considered briefly the exact opposite of a black hole...then the next chapter was about white holes...

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but i heard every black hole is a white hole if someone were to go backwards through time in a black hole... not sure

Sounds like bunk to me... Black holes radiate as black bodies, and have ejecting spurts from their accretion disks... don't see how you could run them backwards and get a white hole. Not that white holes exist of course...

Sounds like bunk to me... Black holes radiate as black bodies, and have ejecting spurts from their accretion disks... don't see how you could run them backwards and get a white hole. Not that white holes exist of course...

Right.. thermodynamics..