Muscular Dystrophy cure?

hitmankratos

Hello,

I was wondering if there was any natural cure for the dystrophy? Or anything that could relief the muscular pain or anything?

I need to find some solid science-fair project and I would like to do experimentation (on rats, or humans, or anything) so I thought something related with dystrophy would be good...So if there is no cure, does anyone have an idea of an experiment that could be done with dystophy? (With stats and all after)...

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Ok in terms of current treatment methods, im not sure if there are any effective ones

But potential future therapies, include aminoglycosides, gene therapy, chimeroplasts, myoblast transformation and utrophin upregulation

Look up these terms.

Also depends on whether it is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy; the severe condition where no dystrophin is produced at all, or Becker Muscular Dystrophy which displays a phenotype much less severe to DMD as a result of a nonsense point mutation that results in a truncated form of the protein.

Either way I doubt there is an experiment you could do for a school science fair without the aid of a molecular genetics lab.

According the the Biochemist (June 08) there are no treatments for DMD as yet, although the restoration of dystrophin expression is the gold standard for therapy here.