Of Biology, Physics and Chemistry which one did you find to be the hardest/easiest?

CrazCo

The maths IS the description! :P

I'm scared of maths. I had a bad teacher in school, who used to tell people they were 'egocentric' when asking him to explain a difficult concept.

Whenever I see equations I get a little nervous and panicky! The furthest I got in maths was logarithms, simultaneous equations and basic statistics. Just enough to get by in a life sciences degree.

I wonder if bad teaching from childhood leaves anyone else feeling intimidated by a subject?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

same thing for me crazybrain68.

biology is by far the easiest for me. and i love it, so it works out.

physics is a great interest of mine, but, as stated, im no math person. i probably could be, but im just not as interested in math as some people, though the study of life fascinates me. along with almost any other science too.

IMHO, it depends on what you're good at.

Physics requires a lot of really complex, high-level math, but very little in the way of memorization, since, after all, any electron is identical to any other electron.

Biology, on the other hand, doesn't require anywhere near the level of math skills, but requires a VAST amount of memorization due to the tremendous level of variation in the millions of species.

• 3 weeks later...