1. 1. Who will be Obama's running mate?

• Hillary Clinton
    • John Edwards
    • Dennis Kucinich
    • RONPAUL!
    • Bill Richardson
    • I am completely disinterested in US politics
    • other

Well, that's pretty much that... Obama is the Democratic nominee. But with Hillary being such a psycho bitch, I really think it's unlikely she'd ever agree to be Obama's running mate (although it wouldn't surprise me if Obama would accept her as his running mate)

Who do you think will end up being Obama's running mate? A handy dandy poll is attached!

You need an option for "Other." I'm leaning toward General Jim Jones, as he would help to shore up the consistent stranglehold Republicans have perceptually among the populace on the national defense and foreign policy issues, as well as the inherent concerns people seem to consistently express about Obama's experience, but my crystal ball is long overdue for a tune-up. ;)

Btw... I think Hillary would make a better running-mate for McCain than for Obama (thanks to JS on TDS for the idea).

"None of the Above".

Edwards | Paul | Kucinich = Impossible.

Clinton = Possible, but unlikely.

What about more credibles candidates ?... Richardson, Webb...

"None of the Above".

I apologize omitting an "other" option

You don't know who Chuck Hagel is? He's a senator, and also he's a Republican, so why would he run with Obama? He's been a very ardent critic of the war in Iraq, and has gone with his intelligence when speaking instead of his party (clearly, to his credit and shows his integrity), but I have no idea what he'd be doing as a VP ticket suggestion for Obama.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Hagel

Would be funny to actually see Dr. Paul as Obama's running mate. Since so many black folks seem to say "they'll kill him <Obama>" - some paranoid white fear thing I guess - then that might be his best bet for the presidency.

Hehe..you thought GWB stole the presidency...? Imagine taking office after having come to washington with 19 delegates.

• 2 weeks later...
"None of the Above".

I am hoping that either the Democrat nominee or John McCain asks Senator Webb to play the role of a 'good' (co-president) Chaney.

Webb calls himself a "Reagon Democrat", so for McCain to 'reach across the aisle' for a vice president is a real (although unlikely) possibility.

What do ya'll think?

aguy2

I don't think that's going to happen, aguy. My guess is that McCain will be taking a hard right-winger on the ticket with him.

As for Obama, I think Kucinich would be the best Vice President. I also think that's the one thing that would ensure that Obama didn't become president, so it's not going to happen.

Obama too will be choosing somebody fairly far to the right to be on the bottom of his ticket. I don't know who it will be, but I doubt it will be anybody I've seen listed as a possibility so far.

I voted "I'm completely disinterested in US politics", but that's just what came closest. I am disinterested in US politicians...

the problem with the whole system of modern democracy is that it's all like a giant advertisement. It has very little to do with good ideas, and a lot with a good presentation of (often bad) ideas.

Netherlands and Europe is influenced so much by the US that anyone here should have half a vote as well.

• 2 weeks later...

talk radio was abuzz with Obama supporters saying they reject Hillary as the veep. Obviously anecdotal, but they don't seem to forgive her for the Obama hate over the last couple months.

Some people think she could be leaving her options open for an independent run. She's certainly hot-headed enough to try it, but that would sever the Democratic party and the word is her campaign is already $60m in the red.

Meanwhile, Republicans are rallying behind McCain, even though, ideologically, a lot of conservatives dream longingly of a third party candidate (perhaps even a Libertarian? or conservative independent).

Here's an interesting thought experiment. If Clinton should pursue an independent run, the conservative/libertarian wing of the republican party could defect from McCain without having to worry about handing the election to Obama. That could effectively turn this into a 4 way race. That would be really interesting, and healthy, I think, for the country.

Perhaps wishful thinking on my part.