Zeo

What do you thinK?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What do you thinK?

• yes
    • no
    • uncertain

• 1 month later...

What is the direction when you are in the deep of space? What is forward and backward in this stage? You 've to rely on planetary movts to indicate direction of time. Sorry, radioactive decay is also based on movts.

So system A travel at c and bring system B which also travel at c, what is system B speed?

c or 2c?

So not every clock is the same, especially if you travel at such high speed.

So you must remain still and everyone move, to go forward in time and still be in your present self. Slower is better?

So forward and backward have to be based on the external system or the background for you to differentiate what've changed.

How can everything goes backward? that's meant you reverse when everyone remain still. ie

you go to A do B go to C. You want to travel back in time before you do A. There is only one you.

Noted at the same time

I go to A do A go to C.

He go to B do C go to A

Please point out errors and enlighten me.

If you freeze time and reverse your steps then it still won't be the same for your time frame to be consider "time travel"

Because if you was to be back at A, I won't be there. I am now at C.

You will see him instead of me.

Unless you did these things at c then he and I won't even know you did it, then that is time travel because our time frame is a sort of a monoframe with assumption we moved at the same Earthly speed.

One way to travel backwards, to a time in the past, is through home movies. You can see yourself and everything around you just as it was many years before. But you can't change the past, just observe it. On the other hand, one can't travel to a point in the past, unless it was recorded and its energy preserved. Without the movie, the recording may be limited to our memory.

What the difference is, the recording preserves some of the energy from that past time. When the energy is not recorded, all the energy goes into recycle as time progresses and the past is lost to the future. To get a better journey back into time, we would need to preserve more of the energy from that time. For example, we can add a microphone to preserve audio energy. We can have chemical extractors to preserve smells and flavors preventing these sources of chemical energy from going into chemical recycle. We can put some things into a vacuum and other things we will freeze. Now our movie of the past has the actual props to help recreate the past.

Another recording technique can preserve the matter, energy and time. This technique uses energy and special relativity. Here is the recording procedure. We enter the scene with our friends and then leave the scene. Then our friends and the former shared environment, are giving energy to create relativistic velocity. Everything ages slower in their reference. We coordinate a reunion. We may be 10 years older, but all the energy and matter in their reference is preserved from 10 years previous (as an example). We go back into the scene and we are exactly in the past. In this example, to overcome the flow of time and preserve all the energy, matter and time, we need to add more energy and then release or thaw it.

This type of preservation allows us to change their future because their preservation detached them from our flow of time. We can see where the group had been heading and where you and culture is, and change their future. That day Joe may have decided to quit school to be with Betty, who was not there the day of the experiment. Betty turned out to be someone different that who would be good for Joe. So Joe is told this and he changes his mind and goes back to school without skipping a beat of life.

In this experiment, we took a cup of time out of the running stream of time, preserved it with all its matter and energy, and then pour the time back into the running stream of time years later. Time is a thing, like a cup of sugar. We can scoop if out of the running pool, put it in a container, preserve it, and then use it latter, at a different point within the stream of flowing time.

SR is sort of one type of time refrigerator for preserving time but there is a still a expiration date on the time, unless it goes all the way to C. Once we thaw it, it ready to eat. In the example, Joe still has his last 70 years even if we pour his time potential ten years down the stream of our time reference. Once he enters that stream the law of physics process his time potential at the rate that is defined by our reference.

Time travel is possible. In fact, you are traveling through time right now, except you are just traveling forwards not backwards. Although traveling backwards may be a bit harder, it's still theoretically feasible.

-David Goldstein

time... you cant really talk about time like its an item or an action. time does not have a speed, and it does not have a mass or a volume, time is its on category, therefor making it impossibles to measure.

This is why I personally think "time travel" is one of the most far fetched myths there is.

time... you cant really talk about time like its an item or an action. time does not have a speed, and it does not have a mass or a volume, time is its on category, therefor making it impossibles to measure.

This is why I personally think "time travel" is one of the most far fetched myths there is.

exactly

exactly

Relativity shows that it is just not such an open-and-shut case.

There are plenty of solutions to GR which allow for closed timelike curves, which allow (at least in theory) the possibility of time machines. The Gödel metric, for example, is an exact solution.

But you don't even need to delve into that possibility because relativistic effects, where differential rates apply, are in themselves a form of time travel.

But an observer can see time move faster on someone else.

It's slower, not faster. The clocks will be ticking more slowly for someone who is traveling at relativistic speeds.

It's slower, not faster. The clocks will be ticking more slowly for someone who is traveling at relativistic speeds.

Sorry, my fault, but still, referring to your earlier post, we are not all experiencing and moving through space at the same speed. Some people are moving through space faster and slower than others.

An observer can view time moving faster or slower for someone else, can't they? All observers seeing all other frames as having slower clock speeds would make no sense whatsoever.

Who said it had to make sense :'(

The time dilation equations have velocity squared, in them so there's no way to have it work both ways :(

[math] \Delta t' = \gamma \ \Delta t = \frac{\Delta t}{\sqrt{1-v^2/c^2}} \,[/math]

• 1 month later...

I don't know anything about time travel apart from from what I've read on the first 5 pages and last page here. Yes, I have tavelled forward about 40 minutes doing so and I have managed to stop time for a crazy little fly who kept divebombing me. When reading these posts, I wondered why no-one had brought that old question into the mix, if time travel is possible why hasn't anyone from the future visited us yet?

I don't know anything about time travel apart from from what I've read on the first 5 pages and last page here. Yes, I have tavelled forward about 40 minutes doing so and I have managed to stop time for a crazy little fly who kept divebombing me. When reading these posts, I wondered why no-one had brought that old question into the mix, if time travel is possible why hasn't anyone from the future visited us yet?

That would be because of the great robot wars, had to have a ban on time travel after that:D

Actually some person tried a study in which basically they made a message that as it was created should have reached the future if time works like that, then again that’s if the earth is intact or even if humans are still homo sapiens when time travel is realized, I mean for whatever its worth I would think that we have no way to understand what our future could be really.

As for your fly problem I noticed that if a few of them are together and you wave your hand to shoo them away that the flies will fight more amongst each other in that instance, which is just a neat personal anecdote I think.

We don't know that they haven't.

If time travel to the past is possible, you might want to reduce the visibility of your presence for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it's conceivable that you might mess up a timeline (not necessarily your own, but you might consider preserving alternate histories to be just as important). Secondly, there is every chance that a traveller to our time would be highly sought after by government agencies desperate to "interview" them about technological advances, economic and political forecasts, and territorial/military intelligence. There are probably other reasons that wouldn't even occur to us stick-in-the-mud unitimelineans.

Thanks for that, unfortunately for the fly he only had me to fight with>:D

We don't know that they haven't.

If time travel to the past is possible, you might want to reduce the visibility of your presence for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it's conceivable that you might mess up a timeline (not necessarily your own, but you might consider preserving alternate histories to be just as important). Secondly, there is every chance that a traveller to our time would be highly sought after by government agencies desperate to "interview" them about technological advances, economic and political forecasts, and territorial/military intelligence. There are probably other reasons that wouldn't even occur to us stick-in-the-mud unitimelineans.

Yes I guess you're right, but there are always people who break the rules, I am still undecided on the whole thing, thanks though :)

Time travel has already happened. i feel bad cuz i cant remember who, but someone has already invented a time machine. hold on stay with me let me explain. they created a machined that focuses light all in one spot by doing this they are able to create just the right amount of gravity to pull spae and time in a loop. this may sound crazy but they are doing it at subatomic levels. they have already sent back subatomic particles back in time wit hthis machine but it can only go back as far as the machince has been turned on. and they still are testing to see if it truly works but the hopes are dim that humans could ever do it.