Could you please HELP with a math assigment

PauloChem

The elementary row options that jump out to me are adding row one to row two and adding row one to row three, but really, so long as you make each ELO with heading towards row echelon form then there's no correct route to the final answer.

PauloChem,

The deal is that it sure looks like a homework problem. And, given the decent chance that it is a homework problem, it is the forum's policy NOT to directly do homework (and homework-like) problems.

Besides, you can learn how to do this yourself. The tree has already given you a start. Do the steps he suggests, add row 1 and row 3 and post the results. If you want us to confirm that what you're doing is correct, the forum will do that. But, we won't spoon-feed you. You'll get much, much more out of it by doing it yourself rather than one of us doing it for you anyway.

Give it a try, and we'll help you correct any mistakes along the way.

The best bet, is to use substitution. The adding and subracting of systems of equations can get messy.

What you need to do is solve one of the equations for one variable.

z=4 -3x + y

Then substitute that in for z in the next equation. Your down to 2 variables now. Then take the third equation and solve for either x or y, then substitute that in, do some algebra and you got your answer, but no, I'm not going to do it for you.

The best bet, is to use substitution. The adding and [subtracting] of systems of equations can get messy.
The task specified the Guass-Jordan approach, I wouldn't advise straying from what's asked unless you're 110% sure that your approach is better.

Also I would disagree about elimination ever getting messier than substitution.

Ok so here is the deal this is what my girlfriend wanted to know. I personally don't know what the hell are they talking about. She knows more than me in math but then I know this forum.
Every time I read this it makes me slightly angrier. If your girlfriend knows more maths than you, then that's okay. Have you considered learning from her rather than trying to one up her by looking things up on the Internet? Girls who are good at maths have a hard time being part of such a male dominated world, by not accepting that she might be better than you at this, you are just being patronising and unappreciative.

hahahhahahahhahahahha

Wait a sec hahahahahhahahahha

AHh , ahh . That was a good laugh right there.

You guys like to talk.

She has D in math(in Croatia its 2/5) and she hates it. She asked me to find out the answer because she will fail if she doesn't.

She didn't fail. She got home tutoring.

Mine math is 4 that means B. Although that is not a indicator of my real knowledge or anybodies knowledge.

Well I am in a lingual high school . And some parts in math we skip. And this was the part we skipped. So I tried to help her by finding out an answer to the problem. And instead of finding an answer I found out that our relationship will fail. Heheh

Thanks for all the advice.

Riogho and the Tree are going to be a great mathematicians some day. Oh and of course thanks everybody for making my day a little better.