The Moon does not exist!

bascule

I'm posting this in General Discussion instead of Pseudoscience because as far as I can tell it's a hilarious parody of the techniques nutters use to make outrageous claims. If it's not facetious, then this guy is one of the most truly deluded people on earth:

http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm

Here's a taste:

What evidence do we have that there really is a moon?

You can see it. But think about it – without the help of so-called "experts", how do you really know what you’re looking at? It could be a hologram, projected from various government installations throughout the world. It could be a large, crudely painted balloon, held in place by helium and propelled by tiny sails and rudders (which is why it moves across the sky so slowly). Or, most likely, it could have been different things at different times and different places, depending on the technology available to the conspirators and the culture and beliefs of the population being deceived.

The hoax could easily have been imposed on a gullible world at many points in human history. Perhaps it began as a collective hallucination or a religious myth, or perhaps an especially bright star that came to be exaggerated over time. However the moon story started, early proponents of the hoax were swift to recognize how it could be exploited for their benefit, and shrewdly devised a scheme to use it to their advantage.

They began to spread rumors, falsify scientific observations, and invent new gods to represent this fictional celestial body. They ingeniously concocted the idea of "cycles of the moon", and as their resources increased, were able to create the illusion that this object in the sky actually went through such changes. To make their hoax more plausible to early, superstitious societies, they arranged for these cycles to coincide with the months of the year.

I am a supporter of free speech and believe that science (and religion) should be open to the utmost scrutiny.

With that over, we see that some people do need shooting.

I am a supporter of free speech and believe that science (and religion) should be open to the utmost scrutiny.

With that over, we see that some people do need shooting.

Finally... someone who understands me. :D

Thanks for the belly laugh, ajb.

You can link back from it to a (conventional) Holocaust studies site that's critical of deniers, so its pretty obviously a parody, albiet not of pseudo-science as much as pseudo-history.

as should Pizza on saturday and leather jackets, Icecream flavors REALLY need looking into!

if you read the fine prints,...

DISCLAIMER: All editorial content on this website is strictly not the writer’s/author’s opinion. THE MAD REVISIONIST, located on the moon, is owned and operated by accident. The content of this page is the copyrighted property of THE MAD REVISIONIST. Any illegal copying or circulating of this page, in whole or in part, without the expressed permission of THE MAD REVISIONIST will be taken as a compliment. And no, we're not really offering $100,000. What are you, crazy?

ROFL:D:D ... this reminds me of one of the funniest and most stupid things that ever happened to me. It was one of those philosophy classes, quiet and everyone was reading when suddenly the professor turned to me (as the class president) "Do you believe that the image you see of me is really me?" I was shocked and scared from this question and answered back "wtf?". Of course, I got detention for that!