question from chemistry class

daniellao

Carbon tetrachloride, an organic solvent, has an enthalpy of vaporization of 29.82kj/mol. If CCl4 has a normal boiling point of 3.5x10^2K, what is its vapor pressure at 273K?(the question is written exactly how i have it on my homework)

(the question is written exactly how i have it on my homework)

... and here is your problem, at least on this forum. We aren't going to do your work for you. If you tell us where you are confused, where you are making mistakes, show us all the work you have done up to the point you are stuck, then we'll help. But, we aren't just going to answer your questions for you. Post the work you have done to this and your other questions first, and then the members of the forum will help you.

I wouldn't just use the ideal gas equation since it won't work here. (and I'd be anumsed to see what thedarkside thinks you could do with it in this case)

OTOH I seem to remember pointing out the equation you do need.

Unfortunately, rather than doing some actual work, you seem to have just repeated the question.

(and I'd be anumsed to see what thedarkside thinks you could do with it in this case)

Assuming that this is done per one mole, you could easily find the mass in grams and then substitute the grams in volume and then put the numbers in the equation (though I haven't tried)

and it's darkshade for heaven's sake!

Daniellao:doh:

As john stated you should use the clapeyron equation.

The way how the question was made leads to that.

There is another post asking for the same thing other substance.

Go ahead and use the suggested equation be smart and use what mr. clapeyron did