All possibilities possible

Zeo

There is a theory in physics stating that all possible outcomes that do not happen do happen. Except in an ifinite number of parallel universes. Based on this assumption, one can arguably say that every time me make a choice with two possible out comes, we create two new universes. In example, say (you) decide to make a sandwich. However, you are perplexed as to what you want to make...(don't worry, this happens to me often too...:D ) Finally, you are able to narrow it down to two possible choices of food. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or ham on rye. In htis universe, lets say you picked ham on rye. However, at the very moment that you decided to make ham on rye, your parallel self from the newly created universe, completely identical to you in every way, decided to pick the peanutbutter and jelly sandwich (quite a good choice..who the heck likes ham on rye anyway?). However, it does not end there. Suppose you are faced with another choice? Like, what to drink? Since both the current universe and the newly created universe are completely identical, you would both decide to get something to drink. In this instance, its Orange Juice and Coke. In our universe, you pick OJ. However, a new universe is created in which you drank coke. However, let's go back to the universe where you picked PB&J. In one universe, your parallel self drank OJ. However, in another newly created universe, your parallel self drank coke. Thus, this would prove that you create infinite universes of yourself doing various things. But why would universes be created over such trivial things you ask? Well, why shouldn't there be? Based on the assumption that the original theory about all possible outcomes is true, then you could argue that the only way a universe would not be created would be if someone was governing time, space, and pretty much everything else having to do with universes and physics. Don't get me wrong. I know that some of you have already reached the conlcusion that one guy making a choice isn't anything compared to the true scope of the matter. I also know that some of you are going to get on me about saying "parallel". I simply used it as an example...putting my thoughts into words is not easy mind you...

The lead problem with this theory is that it would require the creation of new matter. While matter can obviously be created, supposedly the process took billions of years.

And this is assuming there is more than one possibility.

According to classical mechanics, given r0, v0, and all forces (F), you can know the future.

v(t) = :int:v0vdv' = :int:t0t t/m dt' (F=ma = m dv/dt)

same concept for r(t).

Also the theory is for the quantum scale... something on our conscious level has an infinite amount of possibilities... like all the different reasons you could have thought of for making a particular sandwich. The theory applies when a particle has an exactly equal chance of doing two things, so then does both.

In our existence the quantum problems are irrelevant because we only have one existance relative to us. If we jump out into space and observe from 10 light-minutes away we will see us build a sandwich only one way. Make only one decision and act on it. That's because we are in this singular universe relative to us. We act and it is eternal, broadcast forever into the cosmsos on a clear day or night.

Just aman

Two Gunfighters in the street. Reduce it to an equation

Statistical speed and accuracy, eyesight and sobriety today, size of targets, guns and ammo statistics. These are objective data.

The subjective date is state of mind of the Gunfighters.

Are you saying the neurons are all lined up in a mathematical sequence so there can be no other conclusion except one.

I think sentience is the ability to change the equation to a different outcome no matter if the equation is correct up to the last 10,000th of a second.

I don't believe there is a correct mathematical equation if sentience or even simple life is involved and we can chose or change outcomes. After we chose and act then the past is written forever.

Just aman

• 2 years later...
The lead problem with this theory is that it would require the creation of new matter. While matter can obviously be created' date=' supposedly the process took billions of years.

And this is assuming there is more than one possibility.

According to classical mechanics, given r[sub']0[/sub], v0, and all forces (F), you can know the future.

v(t) = :int:v0vdv' = :int:t0t t/m dt' (F=ma = m dv/dt)

same concept for r(t).

I realize that I've bumped quite a few topics in the last few days, but I was reading over some of the things I've written and I found a few new questions to ask: For instance, how exactly would new matter be created? I was always under the impression that all that exists in the universe was the same that existed 15 billions of years ago, only in different forms. How then would matter be created? I can understand the formation of new atoms, which is supposedly the smalled divisible form of an element that still retains the property of the element, but even atoms are formed from things too (protons, neutrons, and electrons, all three of which are formed by quarks I believe), and can't we say those are matter as well?

Another question that comes to mind concerns the photon. The photon is one of those funny things in life, in which is exhibits both matter and energy like properties, in the sense that it does take up space, no matter how infinitely small it may be, and that it exhibits energy like properties based on it's force of speed. But I think it's been agreed upon that light is not composed of atoms of any sort, being since a photon is roughly the size of an electron (correct me if I'm wrong). So what exactly IS light?

And if light really is matter and energy together, does that mean that energy can be remade and reformed into matter by undergoing the correct processes? Does that mean the concept of a teleporter beam or a 'replicator' of Star Trek is feasibly possible, only out of reach due to technological inferiority? Or are these ideas simply childish fantasy?

Once again, I apologize for bumping this topic, but as one of those things that people call 'thinkers', I feel the need to ask questions, even if they've already been answered.

Redundancy, thy name is Zeo.

(protons' date=' neutrons, and electrons, all three of which are formed by quarks I believe), and can't we say those are matter as well?

Another question that comes to mind concerns the photon. The photon is one of those funny things in life, in which is exhibits both matter and energy like properties, in the sense that it does take up space, no matter how infinitely small it may be, and that it exhibits energy like properties based on it's force of speed. But I think it's been agreed upon that light is not composed of atoms of any sort, being since a photon is roughly the size of an electron (correct me if I'm wrong). So what exactly IS light?

[/quote']

Electrons are fundamental and not comprised of quarks. Photons are energy, not matter; specifically they are oscillations of electromagnetic fields. I'm not sure what "force of speed" means, but photons travel at only one speed: c. The characteristic photon size is given by its wavelength.

Electrons are fundamental and not comprised of quarks. Photons are energy, not matter; specifically they are oscillations of electromagnetic fields. I'm not sure what "force of speed" means, but photons travel at only one speed: c. The characteristic photon size is given by its wavelength.

Swansont... If I may... you say here that photons are energy, not matter.

Can you expand upon that?

Specifically, is energy something that can instantaneously exist?

You see, the units of energy puzzle me...

[math] \frac{Kg m^2}{s^2} [/math]

I sort of understand the unit of inertia... the kilogram, or if you prefer... inertial mass.

And of course I understand the unit of meter, that's just a unit of distance.

But you also see the unit of second...

A second is an interval of time.

So that energy is something which is defined in terms of "amount of time" so I am perplexed about what energy is.

Thank you

Isn't the second a measure of the oscillations of a photon of light moving at a certain speed or something or other?

I was always under the impression that a photon was both energy & matter. This was because of a documentary I was watching on 'solar sails' which were composed of an extremely thin material so thin and so composed that photons were actually capable of moving it. But this new business of the photon generating an EM field is pretty new to me. How was this proven?

• 3 weeks later...

I always tought your idea as this "if you accept universe as endless(infinite) then you accept that everything is possible then that is four sure that we got same planet same people somewhere at universe living just 1 sec before(Of course in all times that before and after as all posibilities affect earth)so there must be someone 1 sec ahead of us so what creates the diffrence some say soul some say free will but as i dont belive both(Thoughts are randomized as it just electirical pulses that brian creates and waits which affected cell answer it with another pulse and we create cell orders as we exprience life. About Soul I just dont belive that)so i get the conclusion that either universe is limited.Or we are just living the secnario that Randomization crated over and over

• 3 weeks later...
There is a theory in physics stating that all possible outcomes that do not happen do happen. Except in an ifinite number of parallel universes. Based on this assumption, one can arguably say that every time me make a choice with two possible out comes, we create two new universes. In example, say (you) decide to make a sandwich. However, you are perplexed as to what you want to make...(don't worry, this happens to me often too...:D ) Finally, you are able to narrow it down to two possible choices of food. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or ham on rye. In htis universe, lets say you picked ham on rye. However, at the very moment that you decided to make ham on rye, your parallel self from the newly created universe, completely identical to you in every way, decided to pick the peanutbutter and jelly sandwich (quite a good choice..who the heck likes ham on rye anyway?). However, it does not end there. Suppose you are faced with another choice? Like, what to drink? Since both the current universe and the newly created universe are completely identical, you would both decide to get something to drink. In this instance, its Orange Juice and Coke. In our universe, you pick OJ. However, a new universe is created in which you drank coke. However, let's go back to the universe where you picked PB&J. In one universe, your parallel self drank OJ. However, in another newly created universe, your parallel self drank coke. Thus, this would prove that you create infinite universes of yourself doing various things. But why would universes be created over such trivial things you ask? Well, why shouldn't there be? Based on the assumption that the original theory about all possible outcomes is true, then you could argue that the only way a universe would not be created would be if someone was governing time, space, and pretty much everything else having to do with universes and physics. Don't get me wrong. I know that some of you have already reached the conlcusion that one guy making a choice isn't anything compared to the true scope of the matter. I also know that some of you are going to get on me about saying "parallel". I simply used it as an example...putting my thoughts into words is not easy mind you...

Zeo,

Do you believe for a moment that what you just described regarding "all possibilities"? Have you any physical evidence supporting your statements or is the post a complete ad hoc and random creation?

Geistkiesel

I always tought your idea as this "if you accept universe as endless(infinite) then you accept that everything is possible then that is four sure that we got same planet same people somewhere at universe living just 1 sec before(Of course in all times that before and after as all posibilities affect earth)so there must be someone 1 sec ahead of us so what creates the diffrence some say soul some say free will but as i dont belive both(Thoughts are randomized as it just electirical pulses that brian creates and waits which affected cell answer it with another pulse and we create cell orders as we exprience life. About Soul I just dont belive that)so i get the conclusion that either universe is limited.Or we are just living the secnario that Randomization crated over and over

Gertwor,

Your post that expressed your belief systemm as interesting as it was still scienticially void, a null and vapid offering for consideration by others in ths forum. Everything you discarded here on beleif grounds is of no observable difference than the religious beliefs that you are attempting to put to sleep, pleasant dreams.

Yiou have it completely wrong. The brain is not the source, nor the oprigin of mental thoughts, thinking and is not the store house of mental data. The brain is a mere complex signal processor that digests nonlocal mental fields, including memory functions, into recognizable local mental analogues. You, Zeo, are the observer in a physical body, youi are, Zeo, in a word, nonlocal, whether you are mentally able to appreciate it or not.