A Little Crazy

foodchain

Why the anthropic principle and the fine tuning argument have become little more then a reality that slowly a huge gathering of religious types is occurring in physics. Both are little more then logical fallacies based on contemporary human thought that can be hotly debated. ON the basis or the face that they can be debated so easily should be the pointer to them being less then scientific but I want to get a little more in depth then that. It seems that many in academia and above would like to fit various pieces of scientific reality to fit some mold, such as the generation of the entire intelligent falling scheme. I would like to point out that many offspring first of all don’t even get to be born due to complications like mutation, to the fact that much of life exists in predator prey type scenarios to the simple reality that a majority of life or the various forms it has come in is simply extinct to why extinction even exists to the reality that our star or the sun will eventually go nova and destroy the earth.

So in consequence of this what is the fine tuning argument? To make room to become a drug addict, die of cancer, get blasted with radiation, die in a act of volcanism? At what point can you detract noise to find some argument of unyielding truth about such a statement? I mean do we say the entire universe for whatever it ultimately is was fine tuned to allow us to kill ourselves via war and global warming? This is just the point I am trying to make though, its to easy to debate such a statement. Also to say the universe had to be a certain way for life to exist is just BS. Does the universe have to exist in a certain way for the sun to go nova and destroy the planet, or for an infant to die in the womb? The argument has to imply to everything, so you have fine tuning for an asteroid belt to exist, to having iron ore deposits in meteorites to incredibly devastating earthquakes. I think it becomes evident that the argument is pure manure really.

I think you have to deal with two points. One is that we don’t know everything, which implies to life or any form it can take or have such as a chemistry. Which going from evolution we can see that a broad variance can exist as I am not a microbe or a zebra. The other easy to see point is that without knowing anything about anything you can take anything and say anything had to be fine tuned for it to exist, period. The universe had to be fine tuned for the toilet to clog, and you should remember this and stop being so selfish and let the toilets clog as the universe in an anthropic principle was fine tuned to do so, because I said so.

Lastly I think this combined with string theory is slowly pointing out the dangerous reality of the use or rather misuse of math for any ill suited purpose some delusional nutcase can derive. I personally find all of it terribly freighting and if had some inline of control would move to bar physics from being a natural science on such grounds as creating such preposterous ideas not to mention even trying to pass them off as science in the first place.