Can I recharge a battery with volts?

Magnethos

I used this method to charge my phone battery when my adapter got burnt, and it worked for me, so I see no reason why this couldn't possibly work, and yeah it might be a matter of time. But surely this could only apply to chargeable batteries. And do take care not to het burnt!

I don't think all batteries are rechargeable, it depends on the compound that are used to generate the electricity. If you try and recharge some batteries they just explode.
Of course all are not rechargeable, but it takes nothing but reading to understand that!

But think that you can recharge the battery because is a rechargeable battery. So, you say that I can recharge a rechargeable battery giving the exact amount of volts, but a very little amperaje (some miliamps). But the time is more... but much more? or simply a little more?

Look at this:

batterydevicekq0.th.jpg

If this possible? High Volts don´t mean hundreds of volts, instead it means more volts than amperes. But I can give the exactly amount to the device of volts and amps.

This is possible to do? I have 2 cells, one giving a good amount of volts and the another a good amount of amps

It requires current to recharge a battery. That requires a potential difference. Your charging source must be capable of supplying current at a somewhat higher voltage than the battery terminal voltage.

I don't see any reason why wouldn't this work. But the best way would be to try it.

I ask this because I haven´t enough basic electrical knowledge. I don´t know if I have explained it well, but I mean this:

I have 2 power sources of which one outputs voltage at almost no amperage, and the other outputs amperage at almost no voltage and I want to combine the two to get the combination of voltage and amperage (in the device that is connected to the recharguer cable).

Most people say to me that I can´t do that because I can obtain a good amount of volts or a good amount of amperes, but I can´t obtain good amounts of volts and amperes at the same time.

I have read that I can recharge a battery using constant voltage or constant amperage. The constant voltage that I need must be 10% to 25% higher than the voltage of the battery and I haven´t problem about obtaining the voltage that I want. But with a good amount of volts but almost not amperage, the time that I must be charging the battery increases a lot. So, I thought... If I´m able to combine one power source that is giving a good amount of volts and another that is giving a good amount of voltage (because with my power cell I can´t get enough amperage and volts at the same time) I can combine the 2 power sources, to get enought amperage and enough voltage. And my question is if I can do that, combine 2 power sources, one with good voltage and almost no amperage, and the other power source with good amperage but almost not voltage, to obtain one power supply that is good amperage and good voltage.

The charge that makes up the high current is what must "have" the high Voltage. If, for example, the battery terminal Voltage were 1.3 VDC, any charging current would have to come from a source that had a Voltage higher than 1.3 VDC. A source capable of putting out 10A, but only at a Voltage of 1.25 VDC, would drain the battery.

But he has a high voltage source/low current.

This was his question:

And my question is if I can do that, combine 2 power sources, one with good voltage and almost no amperage, and the other power source with good amperage but almost not voltage, to obtain one power supply that is good amperage and good voltage.

And my answer was "No". If he combines the two, at best he will have a low Voltage, good current supply. At worst, he will find why it's important to wear safety goggles when mucking about with batteries.