forum reputation

Blade

I thought reputation is only positive. How do we have negative scores?

We start with 10 points, right? And each rep you receive is 5 points?

SFN starts you with 10 points, but the system probably allows you to start with negative points and work your way up from there. It may also be capable of negative rep but Cap'n disabled that.

I tried to read the manual but my spectacular aura kept blinding me.... :embarass:

And I believe that the amount of points you receive is a factor of how many rep points the person delivering them has.

Noob gives you rep: 1 point

Veteran member with lots of rep gives you some love: Lots of points delivered

I think...

That's true, but I tweaked the system so the veteran members only have slightly more weight -- at one point during the last time we tested the system YT was giving and taking dozens of points at once.

And yes, negative reputations are possible but not allowed. So the only people with scores less than 10 are those that had them left over from the last time we experimented with reputations.

Neg rep spawns bad blood and IMO is better left out of the equation.

Maybe so, but I can think of a few people who can't seriously be described as being a "decent person." If they occasionally made a great post and have been around long enough, they would accumulate rep points, even if the vast majority of what they post is stuff that makes crap look good (at least crap is good fertilizer!).