social factors that affect the the LGBT youth subculture

Do you think LGBT youth rights are being addressed correctly?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you think LGBT youth rights are being addressed correctly?

• definitely
    • in some cases (more should be done)
    • relatively but no need for more effort
    • not really
    • no
    • what is LGBT?

sorry the poll was mostly for interest sake on my part and didn't feel it worthy for a thread at the present moment. (especially when rights threads about homosexuality usually end up in a flame war... not talking about here but from previous experiences with other forums).

Im interested in how social factors influence or shape the LGBT youth community (youth subculture) as a whole or individually sociologically and psychologically (both would no doubt be connected).

You need to define what LGBT means —standard scientific practice. Unless the presence of that poll option means you are also trying to identify the awareness of the abbreviation. Personally, I don't see how Linear Gaussian Broadband Transmissions are affected by social issues, though Laser-Guided Bomb Tactics might be.

You need to define what LGBT means —standard scientific practice.
(especially when rights threads about homosexuality usually end up in a flame war... not talking about here but from previous experiences with other forums).
I'm guessing it's the Long George Bush Terms, two presidential terms that have probably impacted the lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transsexual communities a great deal and seem to go on with no end in sight.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, social factors that effect the GLBT youth community include: emotional distress brought on by peers, the feeling of having to live a lie at home because many times..parents do not know, the general sense of feeling that the person has no connection with the rest of the social community. Things such as these, I believe, can cause psychological harm to any adolescent who has to endure them. Many times, it leads to trips to the psychiatrist.