What affects to get more Watts from Wind Turbine?

Magnethos

I want to build a homemade wind turbine and I would to know what affects to get more or less watts. The size? The wire resistance? Velocity? The number of coils?

It´s supposed that I want to get MORE watts. What do you suggest?

Well the greater the velocity the more watts you'd get. And I'd suggest to make the wind wheel big (not too big though) so it can be affected by the wind easier. I once built one but it didn't actually work by itself and I always had to rotate the wheels by hand, but if you shape the wheel in the right way, it will work fine.

You could also use (maybe) transformators to increase the outcome. I used this method in a generator I built recently and it did it's work OK. As for the wires copper would do just fine, I always use that!

Well if you're building it for a school project or only to see if your idea works then you could use a motor, it would work much easier but then "wind" wouldn't be necessary. Using a motor will produce more watts since it'll spin the turbine much faster than the wind would, unless there is a strong wind going on and the wind wheel is just the right shape and size.

The project is to make that motor, but without the blades. The mechanism is the same but It won´t be used with air. Instead, another engine will produce the rotary movement to the axle for the "wind" engine.

I know that you can say... that´s crazy! because using one motor to run another motor is a nonsense thing, but I only want make that turbine to see (as you have said before) if my idea works.