What languages do you speak?

CDarwin

What languages do you speak?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What languages do you speak?

I can't really speak anything fluently other than English and, I can speak survival spanish...but:

when I'm at work I assure you though that if I slam you to the ground in a hammerlock and slap some cuffs on you'll understand anything I have to say.:D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finnish and English, and some Swedish. My Swedish vocabulary has decayed pretty badly over the years but I can still understand it pretty well and know quite a few common phrases. For example "Kan jag ha en kokosboll?" means "Can I have a coconut ball?", but I won't be using that one too often since I don't like coconuts.

Where's hebrew??

With the occasional bible-junkie crackpot theorists popping into our forums, I think I proved that knowing that language is an advantage.

:P

BTW.. isn't the choice of "English" slightly redundant? Is there anyone on this forum that can read the poll and doesn't speak English? :P

~moo

BTW.. isn't the choice of "English" slightly redundant? Is there anyone on this forum that can read the poll and doesn't speak English? :P

~moo

hahahahahaha I was thinking exactly this.

It's something like "Ei, eu não estou entendendo nada, poderia por favor me explicar sobre o que vocês estão falando? Eu não falo inglês."

How could a "not English-speaker" participate? Translator softwares never work well since they translate word by word with no context.

I put it in so I could answer my own survey. :cool:

I am on the track to learning Russian, though. I can say Zdrastvutya. And Kak dyela. See? Almost there.

我现在在大学学习中文. 很难.

Ach, where's the Babelfish.

Edited by CDarwin
multiple post merged

I speak Papiamento, English, Spanish, Dutch fluently, some French & German, also some Japanese which I'm studying at the moment. I guess I'm a hyperpolyglot.

日本語が勉強為ている。(Currently, I'm studying Japanese)

科学が大好きです。サイエンス フォーラムスは凄いです。(I realy like science. Scienceforms is great!)

Btw, are we allowed to post in other languages on the forums?

Btw, are we allowed to post in other languages on the forums?

I don't think there is any specific rule against it, but it sure would diminish your probability of having a qualitity conversation with other members (IOW, you'll probably just be talking to yourself!) :D