"glow in the dark" ideas/synths

YT2095

there`s been a few posts scattered all over the place with regards to this subject, myself included in these posters.

I`m starting this one as a response to the Zinc powder and Sulphide, and other threads that skirt on this subject, as way of getting and keeping the others on topic again.

thus far been discussed has been metalic sulphides, I`ll post the SFN thread URLs here as references a bit later.

a note to Ice-Pheonix, with regards to the chats weve had in the forums about Zinc Sulphide in particular, there are other materials such as Strontium Aluminate (suposed to be even better!).

they may be worth looking into as soon as I can build my stock of Strontium back up again, it looks very simple to make chemicaly.

a soln of Strontium Hydroxide, then dissolve aluminium into it.

it works with sodium aluminate, and although Sr is a lot less alkaline, it should non the less work :)

Strontium salts can be obtained from pottery glassing shops and plain old alu foil is about all you`ll need to complete it :)

if anyone else has any ideas to add with regards the topic please go for it! :)

{edit} I found this, it looks good, but hard to understand in places? http://66.102.11.104/search?q=cache:2l8xMMknxW4J:www.phys.hawaii.edu/~sattler/Publications/pdf-files/ZnS,photolumin98.pdf+%22zinc+blende%22+luminescent&hl=en&ie=UTF-8