txt 4 free

shadowfierce

Hi guys!

My friend showed me this really cool site where you can text people for free using the internet: http://www.txtparty.co.uk/

i found it to be too good to be true. I have doubts whether if there might be a catch and hidden bills or something as they might charge my phone bill instead. And i don't want any uneccesary bill to post at my house so can you guys tell me whether if this site is safe or just a scam?

there are plenty of free SMS services on the internet. Off the top of my head, Verizon and meebo have internet based ones. A variety of other instant messaging services (AIM, MSNIM) lets you send free text messages (free for you, not the receiver, who generally have to pay a bit more for these types of texts... but who cares, its not you!)

oh shit and double shit >____< my parents gonna kill me for this man. my frend gave me da site so i just registered and send txt messages from der and i never looked at da terms and conditions and stuff shit man i dont wanna have any uneccesary bills T_____T i can't stop it though. it says if u want to stop the service, then type 'STOP to 88844' but i did try and dey said that the number is invalid or somethin >< anyone know how to stop this service?

der;s this other site as well. http://www.cbfsms.com and dat one looks free alright. damn im so stupid <<

edit: u knw, txt party sent me a message on my phone when i registered it few days ago for my login password etc. and it says 'login to your password and start sending free texts'

shit what shall i believe? free or pay ? <<

2nd edit: i told my friend about this and she told me not to worry about it because they can't charge me because i didn't even put any bank details or any sort of payment so how can they charge me when they didn't even know my details?

AFAIK there's no way for them to add anything to your phone bill. Don't panic.

Unless they're collecting it in the now standard UK form of charging to send you an sms once a week which costs you £4.50 to receive.. this is how most cell based subscription services work over here, and while I'm mentioning it only as a possibility, the fact shadowfierce received instruction to sms "STOP" to a short code number suggests this is the way they're charging.

i found it to be too good to be true.

This is normally the point where you need to stop and think "it's too good to be true".

If in doubt, Google services before you use them. Bad service always gets bad press.

BTW, it says £4.50 per week on the front page; once in the service terms and again in a nice big blue thing in the top right corner. What made you think it was free?

This is normally the point where you need to stop and think "it's too good to be true".

If in doubt, Google services before you use them. Bad service always gets bad press.

BTW, it says £4.50 per week on the front page; once in the service terms and again in a nice big blue thing in the top right corner. What made you think it was free?

because i was told by a friend that it's free >< anyway when i registered, it didn't ask for my billing address or payment details that's why i thought that it was OK and plus, the website sent me a text message saying that i can now text for free and that's one thing i\m confused on coz the website states that you have to pay for it yet the text message states that it's free ><

u knw, txt party sent me a message on my phone when i registered it few days ago for my login password etc. and it says 'login to your password and start sending free texts'

shit what shall i believe? free or pay ??

I believe typing out the full word gives you time to think about what you're doing so you make fewer mistakes.

• 2 months later...

I to made a mistake by signing up I texted STOP to there number but it didn't work and I found out every time they send there advertisement it took £1.50 from my pay as you go balance and they send you advertisement allot "Unlimited texts this week at http://www.txtparty.co.uk. Remember its prepaid so start texting now!" I noticed as soon as I receive the message it took £1.50 off :-(.

I looked for another way to stop this I have found Helpline: 0845 225 2244 you enter your mobile then choose option 1 to cancel all services.

Cross my fingers that resolves the problem.