alright, i need a bit of help

liebig

what ratios of sodium acetate and sulfuric acid do i need to make hydrochloric acid?:confused: im asking so i can run an experiment on different metals.;)

and what should i use to contain the hydrochloric acid once i am finished?

thanks ,

alf

yeah. i'm not sure what you thought the sodium acetate would do. t would hinder the production of any acid as it is slightly alkali itself. and neither sodium or acetate are components of hydrochloric acid.

you need something to supply the chloride ion. it will not just appear.

juding by previous posts, your chemistry isn't all that great. you would be better off buying it. it can be found in hardware stores usually under the name 'muriatic acid'

no, my chemistry is not that good ; but i wish to make it better , i am requesting to get placed in chemistry classe as well as my current "earth science" class , in school. im only doing this because earth science is so incredibly simple, i don't take notes or pay attention and i still get an A.

umm, you won't get hydrochloric acid from that. neither of those contain chlorine.

Hydrogen Chloride

HCl

Slowly add concentrated sulfuric acid to solid sodium chloride.

[ce]2NaCl + H2SO4 --> Na2SO4 + 2HCl[/ce]