Software Patents

smooth

The UK, or to be more precise - Leeds, England

If there is anyone at this forum, or indeed passing through, that is able to write software programmes (or knows someone that is), and you fancy teaming up to create what could be the next big thing, then get in touch!

I have a business model and a keen eye for classy design, so what you waiting for?

In response to your first post, you have pasted in a computer science forum but the question is about patent law. I will be reporting it to a mod to ask that it is moved to a relevant location.

For patent law, talk to John Gray of Murgitroyd & Company, details here: http://www.murgitroyd.com/john_gray.asp

Be prepared to spend the best part of six figures and the next two or three years of your life on it.

On to your second post... I would imagine people are waiting for, you know, info. It's easy to claim you have a great idea, now back it up with fact.

All the info my man (or woman) needs is that if they are able to right software programmes contact me as I will only discuss in person, if you need more info - you are not in the position of the person I require, whom right now sees only a worthwhile opportunity, due to the position they find themselves.

All the info my man (or woman) needs is that if they are able to right software programmes contact me as I will only discuss in person, if you need more info - you are not in the position of the person I require, whom right now sees only a worthwhile opportunity, due to the position they find themselves.

Since the alarm bells are now ringing (requests for personal contact with little to no information usually do that) I will ask that you clarify your request to the extent you may do so without giving up your idea. As insane_alien said, programming skills are many and varied in this age of specialization. I'm sure you'll understand.

No, that is not all "your" man (used in the sense of human and therefore not gender specific) needs before they know if they are interested. You are asking people to go out of their way and use their own time without even the most basic background info on the vertical market you intend to target, the operating environment the project will require to run in, the development environment you prefer them to use or the level of experience you require them to have.

I have designed systems from small single user, through web applications to large multi-tier client server distributed applications serving tens of thousands of users. I am skilled in various methodologies from basic waterfall to SSADM to Agile with good knowledge of project management methodologies. I am a professional member of the British Computer Society and at the point of typing this, am the vice chairman of the Glasgow and West Coast of Scotland BCS branch. So when I say more info is needed, I do have a fairly good background to be able to mean that more info is needed.

From all those projects one thing is very clear.. you would be an absolute nightmare to work with. If you have so little knowledge of computing project life cycles that you believe what you've typed, I see change after change after change during the dev cycle. Each and every one adding time, cost and frustration to your developers.. yes, plural, you almost certainly need more than one unless your idea is so simple it's surprising no one has thought of it before.. at which point, they probably will have.

If you are serious, then get a clue. Research the market, build a business plan around your idea and source funding to develop it properly. Sadly your question was based on such a simple premise of law, I can't believe you didn't know the answer... so I have little confidence in your ability to succeed.

And please please please learn how to spell. Trying to convince people to give you large quantities of their time when you are incapable of spelling even basic words correctly is not going to gain the confidence of the sort of skilled software engineers you will unquestionably need.

I found a new pond to go fishing, but didn’t know if there were any fish therein, so for the first time I only took a line and hook with me, just to test the water, ya know how it is.

To drochaid

unless your idea is so simple it's surprising no one has thought of it before.. at which point, they probably will have.

Probably, is not definitely.

I have told you, I already have a business plan, but the fool you are talking to obviously makes business plans without doing research.

To ya’ll

I will have a ponder as to what I am willing to reveal, and how. But if you think the idea is so poor that I have to play the game drochaid wishes me to play, you are very much mistaken.

I think drochaid's point is that any programmer will want more information than you have given.

For example, I can write programs, but I only have skill in web-based applications (like the one you are using right now), not desktop programs. You could at least explain if your program will be some sort of web app, a desktop software, or some other possible product.

I had many points, capn... he missed every single one of them.

I have told you, I already have a business plan

Uh no, you said you had a business model. This is absolutely nothing to do with a business plan. You really are not helping yourself here.

smooth, what we are trying to say(in a much nicer tone than the following) is that no-one with an IQ above that of a retarded tin of mongolian grade F spam is going to walk into a business deal without ANY information at all. certainly noone with the intelligence to carry out what ever ideas you have.

basically, you are not going to pique the interest of anybody without giving a little. its like fishing without a rod never mind a worm.

As I said I'll give it a little thought, and let you know, for now many thanks for the pointers.

drochaid,

None of what I have said is helping me - with you.

It would have been more gracious of you to ignore this thread, than to point out the instances where I fall down in your eyes, an action I perceive as revenge because I did not pamper to you.

It would have been more gracious of you to post in a relevant area of the forum, provide reasonable information and a sensible question in the first place. You did not and you continue along the same path regardless of the number of people who have all basically said the same as me albeit in shorter form.

I have provided you with considerable information which may benefit you greatly were you to ignore my irritation with your posts and pay attention to the content instead. You have shown no aspect of doing so.

Had any people offering to help yet?