Do you think that luck and karma are real????

justin

"Luck" has been Scientifically been demonstrated to be True.

there are indeed such things as Lucky or Unlucky people, basically it comes down to state of Mind, and the behaviour that this will manifest outwardly.

it doesn`t alter the probability of money happening to be on the floor as you walk by, but it DOES alter the who will and who will Not see it!

I`m uncertain by what you mean here: "outside force"?

I would say it`s an INSIDE "force" if I had to use that wording, it`s about Mindset.

ever heard the saying "we make our Own luck"?

well I believe there is Much truth to this, and Science agrees also.

'Luck' is just the way things tend to happen without any human influence.

Science would totally disagree with that.

what you`v outlined there isn`t "Luck" but random probability, something we`re All subject to.

"lucky" is being perceptively Aware enough and "open" enough to accept the possibility of Good things happening to you, like finding a coin on the floor.

Unlucky people won`t even be open to the idea and almost don`t even SEE the coin there :)

experiments have been done using this exact scenario, using peolpe that consider themselves Lucky and those that don`t.

the Lucky ones always found the cash, the Unlucky did not!

both were under the same control conditions and the videoed, AND the Vid was played back to the participants, even Then the "unlucky" some didn`t even spot the cash!

by ouside force i mean: a force that is silenlty inclined to our existance through means of the unknown that is out of our control. such as an intety or of that nature!!! ;);)

oh yeah, aren't something not explined through science?

by ouside force i mean: a force that is silenlty inclined to our existance through means of the unknown that is out of our control.

Highlighted is the Key word.

if by your own admission it`s Unknown how do you expect US (that deal in Knowns) to answer?

As YT said, we make our own luck. Having the right attitude increases the probability of "lucky" thing happening. We make our own and other's karma, since we like to be nice to nice people and mean (or at least less nice) to mean people.

Karma is just a likely desired outcome that usually derives from acting a certain way, but it is definitely not etched in stone as a law of humanity. It's just about treating people the way you want to be treated. It doesn't guarantee that other people will hold up their end of the bargain, and if you really want to get technical, real karma, the kind that they espouse in the East spreads across individuals' multiple lives, making it that much more far-fetched. Why would "God" make natural laws rewarding or punishing people in future lives when all they have to do is act a certain way in this life and extoll even greater benefits? Sounds like kind of a shoddy philosophy to me.

Luck affects probability and probability is our way of seeing the future. Imagine this:

You really want to drive a car but have no money. When you start saving money towards the purchase, you're predicting the future by saying, "I will buy this car and drive it when I have enough money." You've taken something with a low probability (getting a car legally) and increased the odds of it really happening.

If you appeal to friends and family for money you are further increasing the probability you will get the car. If you start checking payphones and parking lots for cash ("Hey, I found a $5 bill, how LUCKY!") you increase the odds even more. Trying to negotiate a cheaper price helps out as well. Of course, getting a driver's license also pushes you further towards your predicted future.

Everything you do to help your goal move towards 100% probability is affecting the future. You'll never get higher than 99.9999999...% until you actually make the purchase and start driving the car but you have predicted the future and caused it to happen.

I don't know anybody who seems to be lucky who isn't consciously or unconsciously affecting the way things happen to them. The odds of winning the lottery are astronomical if you don't buy a ticket but get better when you do. ;)

The odds of winning the lottery are astronomical if you don't buy a ticket but get better when you do. ;)

unless you believe my hotmail inbox. according to the spam that finally drove me to abandon it(230 messages a day that got past the spam filters) i won various lotteries around the globe everyday without even knowing they existed. or that they used yahoo addresses.

I don't think luck in itself is any kind of force...it is just the state of having one or more fortunate events happen to you. But anything can contribute to the cause of having these events happen.

I think that being "lucky" is simply being in a position where things tend to turn out the way you want them to. Anything could cause this "luck". For example, you could say you are lucky you grew up with a wealthy family. The cause of this "luck" is your parents' income. Or you could say you are lucky you didn't die in that car accident...well, the cause there is that you did not happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. You can say that outside forces caused you to not get in the accident, but that is the "cause" that isn't the luck, in my perspective.

But then again, everyone has their own perspective on what luck/karma means.