What is the best way to experience lucid dreaming?

justin

I'm no expert on this, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

You might start keeping a dream journal beside your bed. Then, as soon as you wake up each day, grab a pen/pencil and write down as much detail about your dreams as you are capable. Continue doing this, and soon it will become easier to recall and place the details. Then, it will slowly translate to activity while you're actually in the dream itself, and you start thinking more consciously... "Oh, that looks odd," or, "Hmmm, I'll have to remember to write that bit down when I wake up." Then, sooner or later, you start dreaming lucidly.

In sum, it will likely become easier if you practice, and writing your dreams in a journal is like training wheels when learning to ride a bike. Just keep the journal in a safe place.

cool, but is it possible to be consciencly in control of your dream?

YES! I have done it!

Now, I am no psychology major or anything, but I know from experience and I can go off of that.

When I was young, I'd always try to remember my dreams. Whenever I did remember one, I wanted to remember more. I'd always try to recall things from them. I never wrote any down, mainly because I was too little to be able to write anything in detail. I was only about 5 or 6 years old. I think my willpower to remember my dreams allowed me to continue remembering details my whole life.

When I was about puberty age, I started experimenting with my own dreams. I had heard of lucid dreaming and I knew that it had happened to me a few times. So I started really concentrating on every dream I had. One night I found myself lucid dreaming and I decided to take action! I had a dream about my new puppy. He was being thrown out of a car and I was really upset. When the dream became lucid, I realized I could take control and I made it so that he was never thrown from the car and I imagined him being in my arms and there he was.

Since then I have been more and more able to control my lucid dreams. Funny I should see this thread today, since I had a lucid dream last night that I controlled. Sometimes I am able to wake myself up if I don't feel like dreaming. I once was able to actually think in my dream "Oh geez! I'm dreaming! That means I am in REM sleep!" THAT was weird!

I think willpower is what helped me to be able to do that. If you concentrate hard right before you go to bed about a lucid dream and continue doing so, then, through time, you should be able to start dreaming lucid more often. I think the dream journal is a good idea because that alllows your mind to get used to detail and it forces you to remember things. Then, the next time you have a lucid dream, try to control it. Tell yourself that someone who isn't in the dream is (or something similar) and force yourself to see that person standing in front of you. It should get easier the more you do it.

It has gotten very easy for me to think in my dreams. When i have a lucid dream, I can pretty much do anything. I once did a math problem in a dream and I woke up thinking "WOW! I did that problem correctly!" So it just takes practice and will power. Once you get the hang of it, you're good :D