help! IS there any book that can have me attracted to calcalus?

huahe

Neurocomp2003 said in post # :

well you reallly can't get interested in calculus unless you plan to be a math major...

That's just not true. I've got lots of friends (some of whom aren't even taking a degree or not taking a degree in a science subjects) who find calculus very interesting. It all comes down to the way it was taught - I mean, if your teacher did the boring examples all the time, it's gonna look pretty dismal. Luckily I had a teacher who gave us optional fun things like integrating 1/(1+x^4) and showed us quite a lot of very nice examples all related to calculus.

You really can't generalize like that, because calculus is a very diverse area of mathematics, and hence it's going to touch a lot of people in a lot of different fields of work.

• 4 weeks later...

I find it fun using the stuff i leanred to show stuff i know actually works. like if i just learned integration using polar co ordinates. i check if the area of circle is really pirsqaured. or to check a length of a curve etc etc. good practice and so much fun

• 2 weeks later...