how to get in an American university?

huahe

I would like to know how can I get into an American University,

like what kind of exam i have to take, what kind of results i have to get...........

Also, can somebody tell me about the school fee for a few American U?

Thnx in advance.

As far as tests... generally the only thing you have to take is the SAT I and score at least 1200.

The fee (called tuition here) averages about $10,000/year for public school, and 25000-30000/year at a private school.

What I would suggest is start by looking at where your grades fall, what you might predict your test scores to be, and how much money you might have to spend- along with size of university you want, location, ect.- and focus in on jus those schools. These are more important than looking for a specific program- as most chemistry programs for undergraduates will look the same. From there, then you can apply to the most attractive schools (or whatever you think you can get into) based, in part, on what the program looks like- what the exact requirements are for the degree, what opportunities for research or participation are available for undergraduates, ect. just narrow down your school choice generally first, and then start looking at the chemistry departments from the fewer choices you have left.

nothing....CANADA doesn't require you to take anything other than the TOEFL.(which you need to take if your planning to go to the states)

if you've taken the SAT for the states then you can use that for canadian schools but all they look for are your grades and extra-curricular stuff

• 5 months later...
As far as tests... generally the only thing you have to take is the SAT I and score at least 1200.
Not necessarily true. Me and a couple of my friends didn't get a 1200 and we still got in to a very good University. I mean, it's no M.I.T. or Carnegie Mellon or Harvard or anything, but University of Pittsburgh is fairly recognized (especially its Medical Score).

By the way, I got a 1150 on my SAT's and I don't mind telling people. The SAT are just a indicator of a)what you learned in high school and b) how well you will do your first year of college. Not a indicator of intelligence (though I suppose there is probably some correlation) or how well you will do in college overall.

I just love it when I get better grades than my other college classmates, with their over 1300 SAT scores. :D

Either you work hard in college or you don't...