Creating of CopperIIsulfate

markus.dnd

I have idea of having crystals at home and i would like to have one electric blue one... so i would love to find out how to make CuSO4

( i mean if there is any ideas how to create it from home substances because i know the basic inorganic chemistry... but i sadly can not go to buy what i need. because i dont know where i could buy em form. least not in 300 km radius of my home. )

the easiest way, is to dump out the contents of an old car battery (try you best to charge it up 1`st though).

that will be reasonably good sulphuric acid, you May want to filter it through some rockwool (fiberglass loft insulation) into a plastic bucket.

then you`ll need some copper pipe offcuts a good foot long each that you can put into this bucket of acid.

then you need to pass a current through it (use your battery charger).

Eventually the liquid will turn blue, that blue is copper sulphate. just give it a few hours each day for about a week.

then take some of the blue liquid out and pour it into another bucket and add sodium bicarb to it, do it slowly because it will Fizz up!

keep stirring until adding bicarb doesnt make it fizz any more.

you should Now have a light blue "powder" settle at the bottom of the bicarb bucket, pour off the clear liquid, add some more water and stir well again, let it settle and pour off the clear liquid again. do this a good 3 times!

now you should have your quite pure blue powder at the bottom (this is Copper carbonate).

add this slowly to the original half of the blue liquid again, it will Also Fizz.

your liquid now should be a Deep blue and hopefully quite acid neutral.

filter this blue liquid through rockwool again into a clean jar and leave it somewhere warm.

Copper sulphate crystals will form as the liquid evaporates.

did you Read the original post?

it stated "create it from home substances"

and most importantly "i sadly can not go to buy what i need."

so who has nitric acid kicking about the house?

it stated "i cannot go buy" it didn't state "i can't use the internet". Ordering things online is usually something you can manage to do even if you've had both arms aputated, as long as you have good teeth and a stick