a possible solution for zero-gravity's adverse effects on health?

foofighter

so we've all heard of the solution to this problem by simulating gravity through centrifugal force, but has anyone considered perhaps maybe there is simply a way in theory (as yet undiscovered) to prevent the body from shedding bone and muscle mass through medicine? perhaps there is a chemical agent that can be taken to trick the body into not shedding bone and muscle, or a way to alter the gene in the DNA (if its genetic) that tells the body to respond to a low gravity environment in the manner of "hey i dont need so much bone and muscle anymore, let me loosen my grip on it". is there any research into this, or is it even feasible theoretically?

It is due to the evolved nature of humans. The body measures stresses on it and strengthens the appropriate parts. Trees do a similar thing, where they strengthen the parts that get stressed the most. Interfering with this process is likely to be incredibly difficult, on par with eg curing aging.