How do we determine the amount of time dilated on our moving galaxy?

How do we determine the amount of time dilated on our moving galaxy?

To measure time dilation we need to measure our speed against the speed of light. Since speed requires a fixed reference point, and everything in the universe is moving releative from one another how do we determine our speed and measure the amount of time dilated?

As you know absolute time does not exist, it is all relative and not universal, time in one part of a universe is different from another.

The faster our speed through the galaxy against the constancy of light speed the slower our time, but time is perceived as normal. The rate of entropy determines the rate of time dilated.

If zero speed could be determined what effect would zero time dilation have on entropy or on a galaxy?

Speed is constant and is measured at the same speed regardless of any interference with its velocity, so if we are travelling at 1% or 10% the speed of light, the velocity always remains the same. But the amount of dilation on a body competing with it’s velocity is always effected.

So if our constant speed through the universe is determined as travelling at 1 cm per second the rate of entropy would be set at it's maximum, which would mean ageing more quickly or at a maximum rate possible .I'm answering my own question, I know.

Is our velocity through the universe constant? Or if expansion become noticeable on our galaxy would time become dilated? Or can this only occur if we are travelling through spacetime rather than travelling with space time?

To measure time dilation we need to measure our speed against the speed of light. Since speed requires a fixed reference point, and everything in the universe is moving releative from one another how do we determine our speed and measure the amount of time dilated?

We will always get c if we measure our speed against the speed of light (in an inertial frame). All we can do is measure our speed relative to other objects in the universe. We have no dilation, since we can always say that we are at rest.

Your question doesn't really make any sense (sorry).

I think you're a bit confused, time dilation is a difference between two inertia reference frames. Which are moving at a velocity relative to each other.

In both of these frames c would be measure to be the same.

So it is in fact perfectly valid for us to say that we are moving at zero velocity because relative to ourselves we are.

How do I make this simpler?

I'm aware that the speed of light is constant, I wasn't aware that our movement through the universe could introduce time dilation effects on a small scale.

Like taking the spaceship analogy and introducing it as our galaxy, but at a slower velocity.

I know that time is experienced differently on bodies or matter travelling at different velocities, like comparing the decay of a muon in a lab and one measured from a troposphere baloon.

Relative speed can be taken in this example:

Two cars travelling past each other at the same speed can be determined as travelling at 0 speed.

But

How do I determine that it is my car that is travelling and it is the other galaxy that is at rest, or it is the other galaxy that is travelling but it is me that is at rest. Without a fixed reference point it would be impossible.

Remeber, I want to measure time dilation, I need to know which body is moving so that I can determine the speed or just movement

But

If both galaxies travelled past each other at the same velocity, the rate of entropy could be determined as equal, but if my galaxy was travelling and the other galaxy remained stationary, it is my time that is dilated and the other galaxy that is normal.

Normal meaning, 0 dilation.

It's like taking the twin paradox and trying to determine whether it is the earth that travelled at the relativistic speed of 90% of c, or it was the twin in the spaceship that travelled at 90% the speed of c.

Only when we meet up will we determine which body travelled at that speed and experienced time dilation.

Moving relative from another galaxy we introduce relative observations of the perception of time, two galaxies travelling at different velocities therefore have different time's, but our perception of our own experience of time is different from another galaxy, as we know.

But the rate of entropy, like the twin paradox must be different at these velocities. Unless as stated, our speed through the universe can be determined and measured as 0, so our time isn't dilated.

I can't understand what is being misunderstood?

One moving body travelling at relativistic speeds compared to another galaxy stationary will experience time differently, and the rate of entropy would also be different.

Travelling at 99 % the speed of light induces a low rate of entropy, just as travelling at 0% of light (stationary) induces a high rate of entropy.

'Where our galaxy meets within this rate of entropy is the reason for this post', but I'm aware that other galaxies experience time differently, but I want to know at what rate is our time experienced and the rate of our entropy experienced in our galaxy, not that of others.

Galaxies, coordinates, whatever, just another part of the universe.

Since light speed is the fastest communicator within the universe with speed limits imposed on all matter, anything stationary would have entropy experienced at the fastest rate.

The speed of light would be witnessed at travelling at it's peak.

Matter travelling above 0 would be racing towards the speed limit, any given amount. And the time for that matter would be experienced more slowly. Matter/entropy, they mean the same to me.

So, light speed would be witnessed at travelling at it's peak, but experienced at a much slower rate.

But the rate of entropy, like the twin paradox must be different at these velocities. Unless as stated, our speed through the universe can be determined and measured as 0, so our time isn't dilated.

The observers either won't agree on whatever measurement you use to try and find who is at rest and who is moving or the measurement will be the same in both reference frames.

Since the measurment of speed requires time, it cannot be reliable on a given source since eachs source leads an independant time.

If we planted five trees on five different galaxies would we determine the rate of entropy, but a measurement of speed would be unfeasable.

If we planted five trees on five different galaxies would we determine the rate of entropy, but a measurement of speed would be unfeasable.

How would this differ from just measuring the elapsed time, which we know would be dilated?