The Easiest Way to make an acid?

frosch45

I need a strong acid for an expiriment that I'm conducting and I was just wondering, if possible, what the easiest way to produce either Sulfuric or Nitric acid from somewhat common reactants, like stuff that I could buy in like a pool store or even a general store?

I know it sounds stupid, probably won't happen, but any suggestions would be appreciated (esp thurough ones)

What does "thurough" mean?

PS: It doesn't sound stupid at all if you are really doing an expt with the acid and you know what you are doing.

But it is stupid if you don't know what you are doing.

Speaking of stupid: Is H2SO4 or nitric acid part of the actual "experiment" or are you planning to follow one of those internet reciepes to make something for a stupid pharmacological "experiment"?

My guess hydrogen peroxide you can get at the pharmacy, sulfur pharmacy again. Air source the aquarium thing that shoots bubbles, that should do.e Then Wrap the sulfur in tissue paper in a jar. On the lid add a a tube that sends a air source, and another connected to a jar with hydrogen peroxide. Light the sulfur quickly close the lid and send the air. Nitric acid is dangerous stuff if you didn't know more dangerous then bad sulfuric acid. To make nitric acid use the same setup only instead of sulfur use sulfuric acid and potassium nitrate. Important !!! use glass tubing especially with nitric acid, and these acids can really damage you@@@:eek:

forgive my saying this, but your current level of knowledge in these matters is So lacking that to perform Anything of your above post would be foolish!

Seriously, get a good Book, maybe even a simple Chemistry set and DO learn to use our Search Engine.

*thread closed*