Psy Grad Schools?

Mag

I was wondering if anyone knew about good Psychology Grad schools (particularly Social Psych programs) - for a Masters/PhD.

Next semester I'll be a Junior, and I need to start at least looking into some schools.

I dont car where in the US, or the price tag. lol - I just want to get an idea of what is good.

Usually, the best approach in an endevour such as yours is to find a handful of well respected researchers/professors with whom you'd like to work and engage them directly to become a part of their lab. Then, which school becomes secondary (because you'll wind up going wherever the professor is).

I don't have any specific suggestions regarding schools themselves. Good luck in all of it though. :)

Usually, the best approach in an endevour such as yours is to find a handful of well respected researchers/professors with whom you'd like to work and engage them directly to become a part of their lab. Then, which school becomes secondary (because you'll wind up going wherever the professor is).

I don't have any specific suggestions regarding schools themselves. Good luck in all of it though. :)

Unless that professor stays where he/she is.

No offense, I dont like that idea at all! lol

Well, the research part yes, and I do plan on doing it, but following them around [like a little puppy dog]? no thanks.

Why do you assume that the professor will be completely nomadic? All of the professors with whom I've worked have been in the same institution for years. Some of the research labs I worked in a decade ago are still there being run by the same professors. :confused:

Why do you assume that the professor will be completely nomadic? All of the professors with whom I've worked have been in the same institution for years. Some of the research labs I worked in a decade ago are still there being run by the same professors. :confused:

I dont assume that.

You made it sound like it though.

When you obtain a higher degree, you will be judged on the work you do and your training. WHo you work for and what you do are whats important.

Thus, as someone said earlier, make your choice based on the professor you want to be trained by.

I dont assume that.

You made it sound like it though.

I may have misinterpreted your post. If I did, then I apologize.

Your past few posts, however, imply that you've already got a pretty good idea of what you want to do, so I'll leave you to it, and again wish you the best. Cheers. :)

When you obtain a higher degree, you will be judged on the work you do and your training. WHo you work for and what you do are whats important.

Thus, as someone said earlier, make your choice based on the professor you want to be trained by.

Yeah, we have a good Social Psych teacher here.

I may have misinterpreted your post. If I did, then I apologize.

Your past few posts, however, imply that you've already got a pretty good idea of what you want to do, so I'll leave you to it, and again wish you the best. Cheers. :)

I think we both misinterpreted each others.

because, you see, im looking for a NEW school to go to, however, if I stick with my professor, I'd be at the same one. And then I thought the way you said it made it sound like wherever the Prof moved, I would go too... lol

Anyways, I know what you're saying now, but I would like to search for a different school. ;)

Anyways, thank you, I still have a few years to go, but yeah.