Easy Science Question

CrazCo

Basically we just have to write a page on what you think the most important quality of a scientist is. I have began and decided to write about skepticism. I jotted down all I could think of about why this is an important value of scientists, but it fails to meet the page-length standard. Could someone maybe give me an idea or two as to why it is?

Yes, I don't have enough detail. Skepticism is probably not the best-fit answer, so that is probably why I am struggling. I have made it this far, so I think I'm going to keep with it. If you were to choose skepticism what would you have said to back it up?

Think of the processes of science — you want to test hypotheses and try and falsify them, which is a skeptical approach, because merely trying to find evidence that agrees with they hypothesis doesn't test it sufficiently; there may be more than one possible explanation. So you have to approach the tests you devise with the view of finding results that would only hold if the hypothesis was right, and would give a different result if the hypothesis was wrong. So requiring evidence, and having a standard of what constitutes evidence, is a skeptical approach.

Be absolutly critical of every experiment and demand more evidence and answers to your every last question. Refuse to take i don't know as an answer. Critically survey every piece of data. Assume everything is false.

Chemkid

The Ultimate Situation!

I've had in mind that phrase for a long time. I think it's about what scientists think world will be when they have a scientific explanation about everything, literally everything.

So you know all about everything, then what? Then everything would be science, and that's what scientists love.