Reputation!

ChemSiddiqui

Wait until we release the quantum reputation plugin. That'll be even better.
Are you still having that bug where you can see what your current reputation is and you can see how quickly you're becoming popular, but never both at the same time?

So, just another quick question then with regard to the rep points, as I'm quite new. I only have about 11 posts to my name so far and only half of them have been science really. I have 10 reputation points already. Does this mean someone likes me or does everyone start with 10 points anyway? Cheers.

:doh: ...... and there was me, all pleased, thinking I'd made a good first impression, oh well..:D

QUOTE:YT2095 "I wanted it so that there could be No arguments made or fought because of some perceived injustice of points being awarded "when I`m a better than he / she is..."

it`s simply a way of saying Thank You and showing appreciation, nothing more.

I figured we have plenty of ways to show we Disapprove and lots of tools to Bash someone with, so it would be Nice to have something that does the Opposite, and be Excellent to each other with."

.......... Hippy! :D

Atheist: when I said bold, err, I kinda meant blue! I just remembered Swansont's name standing out a lot, so I said bold. It never really clicked that normally names are white and his is blue!

Anyhow, cheers for the random update! And it's good to be back! :)

everyone starts with 10. seeing as you can only give 1/10 of your current rep.
Really? So if YT, who has loads of rep, gave someone else "a" rep point he would really be giving them quite a lot?

I've been thinking and I kind of have mixed feelings about this whole rep thing......

On the one hand, I feel REALLY GOOD (like dancing even) when I get some points...BTW thanks to those people that have graciously given me some points :)

But on the other hand, I realize that I am being rewarded for particular behaviours and behaviour patterns that the collective happens to find favorable. And I am probably already changing my thought patterns and the content of my posts because of this...hell, I'm probably doing it right now! So could this be just another vehicle that The Man is subtly using to bend me over the proverbial barrel and sodamize me into submission?

What do I have to look forward to from you people? Castration?!?!

• 1 month later...

OK, how many people or how long in time do you have to leave it before you can give one person more reputation, I ask as I've tried to give swansont rep twice now and both times I've been told I have to spread it around more.... and I know I've given to at least one other person between the two tries... And Atheist as well I get the same message so that means it's more than 2 people between being able to give it to the same person :|

(Swansont quoted Douglas Adams and anyone who does that instantly deserves points!)

OK, how many people or how long in time do you have to leave it before you can give one person more reputation, I ask as I've tried to give swansont rep twice now and both times I've been told I have to spread it around more.... and I know I've given to at least one other person between the two tries... And Atheist as well I get the same message so that means it's more than 2 people between being able to give it to the same person :|

(Swansont quoted Douglas Adams and anyone who does that instantly deserves points!)

I think it's five people. I can tweak that, though.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Is there some rule against improperly giving out rep? I give it to anyone, I am whorish that way. Plus I always leave Phi messages because its so fun to harass him. This is not wise is it?

We have no rep rules, other than the ones forced by the system (spreading it around before giving to the same person again). Since it's a positive-only system, I think giving rep never hurts. I give it to posts that teach me something new, make a great point, show great style or make me laugh.

• 2 months later...