Reputation!

ChemSiddiqui

Have you Given any?

as with all Karma systems, you reap what you sew.

although I must admit, I don`t think it gets Used as much as I was hoping for when I suggested it.

I think a Proper "Add to Rep" button would be way more evident than some obscure tiny icon amongst Other obscure tiny icons.

Thanks for the reminder. I've been lax about focusing on good posts; it's always easier to give the bad ones more of your time, unfortunately. I will endeavor to reward more often.

Good post, grats on the 100 posts, have some rep, ChemSiddiqui. :D

Thanks for the reminder. I've been lax about focusing on good posts; it's always easier to give the bad ones more of your time, unfortunately. I will endeavor to reward more often.

Quite understandable!

Good post, grats on the 100 posts, have some rep, ChemSiddiqui

Gee Thanks!

still reward, normally when someone makes me laugh

how you awards some1 some repo anyway?

how you awards some1 some repo anyway?

this is EXACTLY my point entirely!

they don`t get awarded because not many people know how :-(

we NEED a proper Clearly marked Button for this!

ChemSiddiqui, it`s the little tiny (hardly visible) Scales icon at the top right in the posts border.

this is EXACTLY my point entirely!

they don`t get awarded because not many people know how

we NEED a proper Clearly marked Button for this!

hopefully that problem with be addressed soon by our good and efficient moderators (I am serious :) !)

ChemSiddiqui, it`s the little tiny (hardly visible) Scales icon at the top right in the posts border.

I see it now, thanks for the info, YT:-) . Anyway can I request people to award reputaion points to me if they like my thread when I start it?

Why is it that I have a rep bar between Location and MSN (under my sig, in all threads) and nobody else has?

Am I special!?! ;)

The only thing I can think of is that I didn't use my account for quite a long time. But any forum or user account change would apply globally, even if I'm not active, so I don't see how this happened... meh! *shrugs*

Why is it that I have a rep bar between Location and MSN (under my sig, in all threads) and nobody else has?

Am I special!?! ;)

The only thing I can think of is that I didn't use my account for quite a long time. But any forum or user account change would apply globally, even if I'm not active, so I don't see how this happened... meh! *shrugs*

Your rep is only visible from your frame of reference. It's like inertial reputation.

Your rep is only visible from your frame of reference. It's like inertial reputation.

:eek: wow! :D

But then what's the point in a rep system if only I can see my own rep (without having to click on the person's profile page)? It makes it more about yourself feeling good than giving others an idea of who has a good rep.

Personally I'm not a big fan of rep points though. The "___ expert" system we had was alright, but seemingly that does not exist anymore.

I wanted it so that there could be No arguments made or fought because of some perceived injustice of points being awarded "when I`m a better than he / she is..."

it`s simply a way of saying Thank You and showing appreciation, nothing more.

I figured we have plenty of ways to show we Disapprove and lots of tools to Bash someone with, so it would be Nice to have something that does the Opposite, and be Excellent to each other with.

:eek: wow! :D

But then what's the point in a rep system if only I can see my own rep (without having to click on the person's profile page)? It makes it more about yourself feeling good than giving others an idea of who has a good rep.

Personally I'm not a big fan of rep points though. The "___ expert" system we had was alright, but seemingly that does not exist anymore.

It does exist... A bit slimmed down, but it's there...

Fair enough YT, I suppose in that case the way it is quite hidden is not such a bad idea.

It does exist... A bit slimmed down, but it's there...

Thank you for your kryptic post! ;) So does a bold name mean expert? I had assumed it was some kind of moderator status (I know red is an admin), but then what is green? And what if an expert is given moderator status!?

So does a bold name mean expert? I had assumed it was some kind of moderator status (I know red is an admin), but then what is green?

Green is expert. See http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/member.php?u=1668.

Blue is mod, red is admin. Never noticed a bold name.

Also, expert-status has been altered to some limited moderator in a certain subforum, see e.g. on the bottom of section http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14, where is sais "Moderators: 2 Swansont, Martin" (I suspect Swansont is currently flagged as belonging to both user groups).

So much for the update on completely irrelevant things that changed since you last were active here. Nice seeing you around again.

Fair enough YT, I suppose in that case the way it is quite hidden is not such a bad idea.

Thank you for your kryptic post! ;) So does a bold name mean expert? I had assumed it was some kind of moderator status (I know red is an admin), but then what is green? And what if an expert is given moderator status!?

NP, I do try ;) and yeah what Atheist said...