Editing HTML with MS Word

ParanoiA

My specific question is how do I add a banner on my webpage using microsoft word? I've got the code for it, but I'm just not sure how to add it. I'd like to put it in the upper left hand corner of the page, so I'm assuming I'm adding some kind of "box" so that I can drag it and drop it where I want.

I'm trying to avoid using big programs for this stuff. I originally built my previous page using Yahoo's HTML based program - highly unstable and crashed all the damn time. Not to mention, I couldn't just FTP the files - I had to establish a folder and let the program connect and do the publishing "transparently". I don't like that.

As a result, I never, ever, ever updated nor messed with my page at all - too much time and trouble to make the slightest updates. My meager handful of fans (I think I'm up to 3 now :P ) didn't appreciate that very much. So far, I like the simple nature of MS Word and using IE to FTP the files. But that simple nature, has a price I guess...

I agree with The Tree. But if I can toss another option out there, there are a few programs that actually aid in HTML editing in a much more efficient way than Word, highlighting your code tags and interpreting the HTML to give you WYSIWYG view mode, for example, and still don't cost anything. My personal favorite is Visual Web Developer from Microsoft (Dreamweaver is still better at the WYSIWYG interpretation, but it isn't free, or at least it wasn't the last time I checked). You can download VWD here:

http://www.microsoft.com/express/vwd/Default.aspx

Thanks Pangloss. I downloaded that program and it appears I've got a learning curve to deal with. I tried to simply add a text box and I got nowhere. I'm just not really experienced at all with HTML editing.

It's too bad because MS Word was working great for me. Easy to open and edit and ftp. But it just doesn't work very well. If you look at my page now, you'll see the text boxes pulled extreme to the right - but it doesn't look that way in Word - just in a browser.

I guess there's no way around a bulky program. Maybe I'll get used to it.