Visual Perception Experiment

Guest Todd Kahan

Guest Todd Kahan

I haven't seen this error with the program above before...

My Guess: There may be problems using the "back" button or "reload" button with Internet Explorer and the Authorware Web Player file. If you use the back button or the reload button during the experiment you may get errors such as "error reading map file".

Guest Todd Kahan

Thanks so much for trying Sayonara³... sorry it didn't work for you... not quite sure why but I'm glad it's working for others (like Cap'n Refsmmat).

Cap'n Refsmmat said in post # :

That's what I used!

REALLY? OMGWOW!

Because we both have exactly the same system with exactly the same configuration and exactly the same registry and we were both doing exactly the same thing at the time so on-the-fly should have worked in both cases!

It worked for me but I didn't have time to finish the experiment. Anyhow, monitor sync speeds would probably alter the outcome. I was having to choose between one or the other, but sometimes it was either. If I had either I would click Horizontal, it was not accurate.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WeirdSciene

I almost quit but wanted to read the description. I must admit, I hadn't figured out the exact purpose but I had some ideas... I disagree with Pinch Paxton though (if I understand his/her posting). I don't think monitor sync speeds would alter the outcome... If you finish the experiment, you will see there were several conditions. Any monitor sync speed effect will impact all of the conditions equally (not a problem for the experiments internal validity). Since sync speeds and guessing (pressing horizontal or vertical when unsure) will impact on all of the conditions, to the same extent, I don't think this undermines the results. I could write more but I don't want to give away the purpose of the experiment :)