Slow internet exchange

Realitycheck

When I upgraded to Gutsy, someone told me that I didn't have enough RAM, even though I had the minimum required of 256 MB. So I put the idea of installing Xubuntu on the shelf. I did not really have any problems with Gutsy at first, but I have updated it a few times already.

Now, I keep getting this sporadic baby crawl activity on the internet. I doubt that it is a RAM issue, but I am wondering if there is anything I can do. It doesn't seem like an internet traffic issue, because Saturday night should be just as free as Sunday night. Saturday night, it was slow. Sunday night, it was fast. Now, it is slow again. I have no extra programs running, but who knows what could be lurking in the background.

Basically, when I click on a link, it takes 10-30 seconds to even start registering the transfer, then another 5-20 seconds to complete it, however, it never actually completes the process on the status bar. The new page is functional, but the status bar never registers it as being completely transferred. Thinking back now, there have been times where I have been able to type faster than the machine can display it, so it could be a RAM issue. It just seems weird that I keep getting this issue sporadically.

Oops, wrong forum. :doh: Now, sometimes, when I click on a button, it prompts me on whether or not I want to download and open a .php file. Wrong forum.