LaTeX button suggestion

It would be very cool to incorporate something like the following into the Advanced Reply window:

http://test.izyba.com/equationeditor/equationeditor.php

Though, I'm not sure how possible that is, nor what the consequences/challenges of such an implementation might be.

Would there be any math folks that would use that? I presume most of them know LaTeX already.

It's JavaScript, so it wouldn't be too hard to implement in vB.

yeah, but yourdad's point is that if you're typing out all this math anyway, what difference does one more, relatively small tag make?
The big difference I see is that \lambda, ... are TeX codes that a lot of people are familiar with while [ math], [/ math] are SFN-only tags. Other pages use different tags for enclosing TeX-code (e.g. [tex] on PF, <math> on WP). I often get the wrong tag, first.

you could allways just set ^m to auto-insert the [maf][/maf] tags and plonk the cursor in the middle, like happens for ,, etc (^b, ^i, ^u respectively)

btw, if you do could you also make ^q == quote tags please?

• 1 month later...