Females at SFN

thedarkshade

That would be me, and yes, I'm a 19 year old female.
Hey, Bee, how are you? I hope to be able to draw you back more with some cool ideas we have for the Astronomy subforum. Promise you won't delete your bookmarks and I'll PM you soon about the ideas in order to get your input.

Part of me wishes that Bettina would open a new thread of her own. I'd love to know what makes her proverbial question mark flash. She has already earned my respect, because she speaks out on issues where morality is subjective but appropriateness is not, and I know that our teenaged members with Y chromosomes would benefit from such a well reasoned member's opinion.

Me too. I'm not seperate from the Y chromosomed idiocy to which I refer above, and I'm often rather thankful when my testosteroni is checked by the nurturing mind of an intelligent and pensive female.

To the premise of this thread... There are lots of women on SFN, and if you don't see it, you simply aren't looking.

If your only tool is a hammer, then everything you see looks like a nail.

Somebody had to distract Elsa, the cute but ultimately traitorous security guard. Like you didn't cry like a little girl when I got the long straw. :rolleyes::P

Yeah, seeing her doubled over in laughter like that is something I won't soon forget. 'Twas a stroke of genius.

Yeah, seeing her doubled over in laughter like that is something I won't soon forget. 'Twas a stroke of genius.
Hey, I'm not a professional stripper / comedian like you! I had the naked part right but I just couldn't do the... the stand up bit. It was raining and cold before we squeezed in that warehouse window, remember?! And you sure weren't helping out with all those jokes about thrust and angular displacement, phunny man!

How does gender even begin to become relevant in an online scientific forum? If you're missing sensual connections of the female variety, get a blackberry and post from the bar while you chat up some girls. Doesn't matter with whom you chat via keyboad... at least, not on a science forum, only in real life. :cool:

There you go again! If you were in a school with 9000 students and all were males, wouldn't you be surprised?

I'm a woman! Hi! Power to females! lol. I take it Phi for All must be female too. But isn't it weird...I have noticed (a least with me) that if I don't know the gender of a member on a message board, I automatically assume what they are. I guess its just by the way they post.

I'm a woman!
Yay!
Hi! Power to females! lol.
Hi! Power, as in... cattle prod? :D
I take it Phi for All must be female too.
No, I've just been married for 15 years. Same thing, really.
But isn't it weird...I have noticed (a least with me) that if I don't know the gender of a member on a message board, I automatically assume what they are.
Guilty here.
I guess its just by the way they post.
*We have decided to be amused by this.

* The royal "we".

It was in reference to the fact that he's been married so long that he no longer makes his own independent decisions. He has lost his first person "I" in favor of the combined (he and his wife) term "we."

He's like the borg... but different. ;)

• 4 months later...