Females at SFN

thedarkshade

That was the only case I've seen so far and that's why I asked (I know it's silly).
You can't fool me. You were hoping all the lingerie model / scientists we've been hiding would post to tell you how wrong you are. ;)

I actually hope your scheme works, you devil. >:D

Unlike the criminal hiding in a darkened warehouse who, when a cop shouted out, "Marco!" he answered, "Polo!"
Can we please get over this, Tom?! It was a long time ago, I was scared and not thinking straight. At least *I* didn't hide in a sack and say, "Potatoes!" when the cop kicked it. :rolleyes:

Can we please get over this, Tom?! It was a long time ago, I was scared and not thinking straight. At least *I* didn't hide in a sack and say, "Potatoes!" when the cop kicked it. :rolleyes:

I don't know what is this about but it seems funny. Full story please:-) ?

Many of the females have stopped posting, like IMM and AP.

Piled upon by nerds!

I have an alternate theory; women are actually the secret guardians of all the scientific secrets. They don't populate this forum, because they don't have any questions about science... they know it all already. Any women scientists you meet are actually spies, planted to make sure the subculture of the male gender remains subdominant in terms of scientific knowledge.

Therefore, I plea with my fellow man, cast of the yoke of bondage! Let us continue to conduct scientific research until we can overthrow our female overlords!

Many of the females have stopped posting, like IMM and AP.
I'll see if I can get AP back for a bit, at least. Fools beware: lightly she will not suffer thee.
I don't know what is this about but it seems funny. Full story please:-) ?
We paid our debt to society. 'Nuff said. :cool:

That's another reason why men rule:rolleyes:!
Yeah! What *he* said (nice one, bro, that'll bring 'em out)!
I have an alternate theory; women are actually the secret guardians of all the scientific secrets. They don't populate this forum, because they don't have any questions about science... they know it all already.
Pucker up, Kissassanova! :P:D:P

They don't populate this forum, because they don't have any questions about science... they know it all already.

Holly Grail guardians! But looks like one betrayed them, Marie Kyri!

Cool funny theory:D:D:D:D:!

EDIT:

C'mon Phi for All, we deserve the full story? Or will swansont do that?!

Yeah, well the cop didn't kick you in the, um, "potatoes," now did he? At least I had all of my clothes on.

It's kinda weird that I have still not "met" any female here at SFN. All are males! Is there a policy about that (just joking:D) or no interest in the kind of science it is discussed here?

:doh:

I think most of the ones who posted here regularly got scared away

I think most of the ones who posted here regularly got scared away

Scared?:eek:

Like scared not to be able to participate "strong" enough in discussions?

ADD:

Oh come on swansont, please tell us the story! It seems to be quite funny one! After all, this section is about discussing anything (cops and potatoes too)!;)

I've seen someone whose avatar is a female holding a microphone on the hand, but maybe not a female. That was the only case I've seen so far and that's why I asked (I know it's silly).

How does gender even begin to become relevant in an online scientific forum? If you're missing sensual connections of the female variety, get a blackberry and post from the bar while you chat up some girls. Doesn't matter with whom you chat via keyboad... at least, not on a science forum, only in real life. :cool:

I've seen someone whose avatar is a female holding a microphone on the hand, but maybe not a female. That was the only case I've seen so far and that's why I asked (I know it's silly).

That would be me, and yes, I'm a 19 year old female. Although I don't post much anymore I haven't left the forum and I visit almost every day to see what's new. As to your question, I won't speak for other females, but for me it was the open display of arrogance and pompousness by some posters that prompted me to back away and just lurk which I do.

A late example would be the attack on a Miss Teenage America contestant by grown up forum members that I thought were going overboard. See it here and you will get the picture.

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showpost.php?p=356650&postcount=38

Anyway, it's an awesome place to learn. ;)

Bettina