Movie subtitles!

ChemSiddiqui

Hi all,

Anyone here can tell me any link to a website which provides free, non-downloadable movie subtitles. The subtitles should not use any software.

Any 1 please!

Don't most DVDs come with a subtitle feature?

Hi all,

Anyone here can tell me any link to a website which provides free, non-downloadable movie subtitles. The subtitles should not use any software.

Any 1 please!

Use google to search for movie scripts. I think that's the closest you'll come. However, not all movies use the final scripts that are published on the web.

They do, but most of them don't have the option for which language you want them. Like the one I bought the other day had hebrew subtitles and no options. Crazy isn't it?
Aren't DVDs distributed by region these days, with regional versions of language options? Most of the ones available in the US only have French and Spanish subtitles available, but I've seen DVDs from Europe that had different options.

There are actually a few movies that don't get subtitles on DVD. I saw one last year, noticing it just by chance. I think it's pretty rare, though, because it's an easy way for the studio to help out those with hearing problems without disturbing regular viewers (since they're turned off by default).

I don't know what the situation is like in Pakistan but it wouldn't surprise me if they see a hodgepodge of DVDs from other regions on their markets, and thus may need other kinds of language support. I really have no idea how that sort of thing might be done, though. You'll have to check some DVD-related forums.

I use this:

http://subscene.com/subtitlesearch.aspx

The one potential issue with using these premade subtitles is that you need to have one that matches the film. If your film has an intro to it, whereas the subtitles are not expecting it, then speech/text will be out of sync. That said I've never had any issue to date.

Those subtitles are for video files only (e.g. .avi), not DVD format stuff. Also you need to give the subtitle file name exactly the same file name as the movie, except the file extension. If you have probs then put the film + subtitle in their own folder too, but they still need to have the same file name.

Finally you need some software which plays the subtitles. I use VobSub and it got automatically installed with some codec pack I got, although I'm not sure which. If not just Google / download VobSub.

As for your request of "non-downloadable"... well how do you expect to get them if you don't download them? That site is free. As for the software, how will your media player know to read the subtitles without special software? It won't. The files on that site you could download and open with Notepad and read them though - if that would help.