New to Chemistry.

valencyKr-94

Hi Im fifteen and I just started to get into chemistry really seriously just a few days a go to be honost. I found this website and this is what made me realize I really wanted to go into chemistry as a major. If any one could give me advice on experiments I could do or advice on chemistry I cant take it in school yet and I have overly worried parents so the experiments cant be anything spectacular until I take a chemistry for a while at school.

hi valencykt-94, its very good to hear that you would like to take chemistry as your career subject. If you want to discuss anything, take advice on experiments you will find that SFN nourshers(don't mind the spellings) for these sort of things. Just post your query in the appropriate section and people here would be glad to disscuss with you.

Hi Im fifteen and I just started to get into chemistry really seriously just a few days a go to be honost. I found this website and this is what made me realize I really wanted to go into chemistry as a major. If any one could give me advice on experiments I could do or advice on chemistry I cant take it in school yet and I have overly worried parents so the experiments cant be anything spectacular until I take a chemistry for a while at school.

Welcome to science :)

I started paying attention to chemistry when I was around 13-14. The first experiences was the smoke and fire kind of stuff, and needless to say my parents weren't approving it. But I soon wanted to understand what I observed - how and why does this work. So I bought some books and started reading.

My advice would be to garden your curiosity and your inspiration. Try to keep your curiosity alive and let it grow. School classes isn't always the best place for that, so I suggest you get yourself some chemistry books. Reading is harmless and I'm sure your parents won't object. If you don't know where to start, visit a bookshop or just get the first book that covers your first chemistry year. Answers usually feeds new questions, so just get started and trust your inspiration for the journey. Science should be fun and rewarding, or something is wrong.

Then you have time to grow inspiration and questions well in time to make better use of your teachers, and make sure You are the one asking the questions, and the teacher providing the answer, not the other way around.

/Fredrik