humanoid?

quantam110

I was wondering since computers are images of human's, would it be possible to implant or upgrade human limit's like let's say a computer has an external harddrive would a human be able to have external a brain(s) that wirelessly connects to a storage house for mechanical brains or can there be implants so that human's would be able to achieve perfection or would virus's and bacteria just adapt to try and combat these new adjustments. I have heard alot from timothy leary and michio kaku that through the possibility of quantum computers, we would be able to make androids, but the through the same technology the same can be appiled towards making adjustments to the human body, would the human boilogy just reject these mechanical enhancements?

The body rejecting the enhancements does not appear to be an obstacle that we cannot overcome. We could make that work.

It's modelling thought itself, emotion, memory, and experience in terms of a computer language that tends to cause issues.

If thought and conscious experience could be accurately modelled by code or binary or something... then I see no reason it could not be extended to an external device.

That's a really big IF though. :)

can there be implants so that human's would be able to achieve perfection?
Perfection is a word that makes me tremble with fear. Besides, a perfect human would not be a human. However, I think that the “brain-machine” would be a good idea for people with diseases. For example, a machine that would keep our memories; so, if we in the future suffer Alzheimer, could connect to that machine and recuperate those memories which we are not humans anymore without.

So, I think it’s a good idea to have artificial devices that allow us to be again humans, but I fear the connection to devices that makes us not being humans.

It's modelling thought itself, emotion, memory, and experience in terms of a computer language that tends to cause issues.

If thought and conscious experience could be accurately modelled by code or binary or something... then I see no reason it could not be extended to an external device.

That's a really big IF though. :)

I don't know if you have read about a research team (Tsien et al.) who are working in translating the memory language in a binary one. They are only at the beginning but I find their work very interesting. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17925242&ordinalpos=4&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

I don't know if you have read about a research team (Tsien et al.) who are working in translating the memory language in a binary one. They are only at the beginning but I find their work very interesting. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17925242&ordinalpos=4&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

No... I had not. Thank you for sharing. :)

You might also enjoy this other thread which Mooeypoo opened:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29756

Perfection is a word that makes me tremble with fear. Besides, a perfect human would not be a human. However, I think that the “brain-machine” would be a good idea for people with diseases. For example, a machine that would keep our memories; so, if we in the future suffer Alzheimer, could connect to that machine and recuperate those memories which we are not humans anymore without.

So, I think it’s a good idea to have artificial devices that allow us to be again humans, but I fear the connection to devices that makes us not being humans.

of course humans wouldn't be humans once perfected I think to become perfect it would take humans to evolve through the process of becoming humanoids, but still keeping the things that were once us.

Sure, there are lots of people working on that sort of thing, but it's not that simple. Computers are NOT "images of humans," and modeling brain processes on a computer would be extremely difficult.

sure they are images of human's, even though putting both hemispheres of the brain to computer language is extremely difficult, I still think it can be done, not to mention quantum compters helpin the process.

and by the way does anyone else know more websites or science journals covering this kind of reasearch, thanks in advance.