Bach plays Godel

Fred56

Light (a very narrow, life-tolerant, part of the spectrum), colour (frequency), and so on are "thrown" at us randomly; they "collapse" on a screen in front of us, somehow. We select those events which point in the most available direction.

Reality is like a resonance, or a note (or music) playing all around us, sort of thing. Or our mind is like an "enclosed cathedral", kind of like the one Achille-Claude (deBussy) found in that wood, "la cathedrale engloutie" But who is playing the organ, type of thing? Is 'god' the conductor, as it were... something inside, and outside us also?

I posted that elsewhere, and didn't get flamed for using "that word". But, hey, feel free...

But who is playing the organ, type of thing? Is 'god' the conductor, as it were... something inside, and outside us also?

Fred, your fault is in assuming the need for a player of your metaphorical organ. You approach this as a given premise, but it's not substantiated. You also try to humanize nature, which becomes another vehicle for your confusion.

I don't think the reason you get "flammed" has anything to do with any particular word
That seems a rather general observation.

"tradesman methods knowing tools is prepared most suitable to choose"

What about them ones?

My room's got the one I practise on, and there's this sort of 'corner of my eye' one, with this dude all in black;

I keep trying to tell him I can't hear a thing he's playing (the ones in my east and west naves are too loud). The bishop told me to just ignore the guy, so it's cool.

Jimi, Claude, and Sergei should be back with Ron later --later Ron.

(we're working on this Pavane thing...)

What we have here is a complete lack of consistency.

When I asked "what organ," you responded thusly:

My room's got the one I practise on, and there's this sort of 'corner of my eye' one, with this dude all in black;

I keep trying to tell him I can't hear a thing he's playing (the ones in my east and west naves are too loud). The bishop told me to just ignore the guy, so it's cool.

Jimi, Claude, and Sergei should be back with Ron later --later Ron.

(we're working on this Pavane thing...)

Yet... when you opened the thread you said the below, and this is what prompted me to ask "what organ?" :

Light (a very narrow, life-tolerant, part of the spectrum), colour (frequency), and so on are "thrown" at us randomly; they "collapse" on a screen in front of us, somehow. We select those events which point in the most available direction.

Reality is like a resonance, or a note (or music) playing all around us, sort of thing. Or our mind is like an "enclosed cathedral", kind of like the one Achille-Claude (deBussy) found in that wood, "la cathedrale engloutie" But who is playing the organ, type of thing? Is 'god' the conductor, as it were... something inside, and outside us also?[/quOTE]

So... uhh... yeah... Am I correct in thinking that your suggestion is that god is playing your brain like an organ?

It helps the rest of us if you're at least minimally coherent.

Am I correct in thinking that god is playing your brain like an organ

NO, YOU IDIOT.

His son's on the keyboard, you ning. You know, that Jesus dude (I call him J -coz he hands lots of them around).

It helps the rest of us if you're at least minimally co he rant[/b'].
It would help if you could learn to spell. Do you want some help?

NO, YOU IDIOT.

His son's on the keyboard, you ning. You know, that Jesus dude (I call him J -coz he hands lots of them around).

It helps the rest of us if you're at least minimally co he rant.[/b']

It would help if you could learn to spell. Do you want some help?

Troll.

Btw...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%3A+coherent

Definitions of coherent on the Web:

• marked by an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts; "a coherent argument"
  • capable of thinking and expressing yourself in a clear and consistent manner; "a lucid thinker"; "she was more coherent than she had been just after the accident"
  • sticking together; "two coherent sheets"; "tenacious burrs"

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

"we are something collecting itself"

In the sense that all information we acquire is something that we are. We expend some part of "ourselves" (in thermodynamic terms) in order to acquire.

Evolution follows this sense of accumulation, and "improvement" or "direction", i.e. purpose. Life and evolution are purposeful, then.

Hey, some f**kwit keeps posting garbage.. Maybe there's more than one of them?

But if that's all he has in that thing he thinks is a brain, maybe I should be feeling sorry for him.