people, i need your help!!

people,i need you guys help !!

sincerely,i've post nasal drip (pnd)..for alomost a year already.

the most important thing is i've halitosis because of this...since the pnd can serve as a food resources for the oral bacteria..

but the strange thing from wat i read frm forums..some people with pnd don't have halitosis...so i'm wondering is there anything to do with my oral flora?is there any way that i can restore my oral flora??

anyone here who's studying on microbiology?? can u please help me to clear my doubt?? is there any solution for this problem?? or maybe some list out what will be the cause of pnd besides allergy,adenoid infection, sinus infection,nasal polyps??

people,i need your help!! it's been years i suffer from this problem.

i want to be sociable just like anyone of you here...:embarass:

thanks for reading this post,any feedback is highly appreciated.

thank you.

anecdotally I can tell that when I had it it was the result of a bad bone infection that had spread through my jaw up into the Maxillary sinus cavity as a result of a rotten tooth.

it took Several courses of antibiotics to Finally remove it, oddly this happened After the bad tooth had been removed too.

I also had this smell of Rotting something or other, no one else could smell it only me.

this lasted on an off for the best part of a year and 5 different courses of different antibiotics eventually stopped it.

YT: you're referring to a (not very nice) periodontal disease that results in the death (necrosis) of bone. Bone necrosis can occur anywhere in the skeletal frame (it's common in hip joints or leg bones in the elderly), as a result of infection, injury, or sometimes surgical procedures. In the oral cavity, it can happen because of a decayed tooth (if it's a root-canal you don't feel anything, or it's asymptomatic), or sometimes because those injections they like to give you decrease blood supply and the bone dies.

I heard a story about a coke addict who ended up losing most of the left side of his face (and there really isn't a lot maxillo-facial surgeons can do because the bone is too thin for metal plates and reconstruction isn't possible). Lovely...

Also it makes your breath stink (rotting bone doesn't smell so good).

My advice to lost,helpme would be get to an oral surgeon pronto, or at least the maxillo-facial (ear, nose, & throat, maybe) dept of a hospital. Has a doctor diagnosed anything?

P.S you will possibly be given a bottle of chlorhexidine to gargle with. It's pretty foul, and you can't taste anything else for a couple hours, but it keeps those bacteria at bay (for a while).

P.P.S don't assume I know what I'm talking about here either, I don't have a M.D. or anything. But go see one, is the best advice I can offer. You could have a chronic sinus infection of some kind -but that smell sounds suspicious.

I think the normal body flora are the culprits, yes. Sometimes an enclosed cavity of infection forms within the bone matrix (a defense mechanism), and can persist for decades, apparently. Sinuses, being cavities, can clog up and get infected. Osteonecrosis can be the result. Also some of the roots of upper teeth are quite close (~1mm) to the sinuses.