Adsorbtion!

ChemSiddiqui

Hi,

I was studying electrochemistry and in the text was a mention of 'adsorbtion'. I try my best to make matter as simple as possible for Juniors who approach me to ask chemistry related problems. So I came up with how best I can describe Adsorbtion to the junoirs if they approach me for it. I would like to share it with you:

" If we allow a snail to walk over a tennis ball the size of a football, it would leave its traces with look like a gel like structure. We say that the gel like structure have been adsorbed over the surface of the tennis ball i.e. embeded not sunk in"

Please leave your comment about how accurate this explaination is. I am open to criticism and I would appreciate any1 who points out the error.

Thnx

embedded would be the same as sunk in.

there are types of adsorbtion, physical adsorption where the molecule clings loosly to the surface as a charged balloon clings to a wall.

and then there is chemical adsorbtion where the molecule chemically bonds with the surface that could be described by the snail slime adhering to the wall.